the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
No sarcasm at all. Just wondering how you like training so far and what does your PT involve, I assume you do PT everyday right?

Running, walking, jogging, push ups, picking stuff up and putting stuff down. I'm assuming haha

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Running, walking, jogging, push ups, picking stuff up and putting stuff down. I'm assuming haha

That, and push ups. Then running stairs. Then, more push ups.

If its anything like mine was. Judging by the amount of pain he is constantly in, it sounds identical ;) :lol:

Achilles

Forum Moron

smartass.jpg

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yahoo article just said that they found dorners body still in the cabin after being engulfed in flames..

The official word is still no search conducted, no body recovered yet.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
No sarcasm at all. Just wondering how you like training so far and what does your PT involve, I assume you do PT everyday right?

Never loved something I hate so much.

We do it 2-3times a week. Calisthenics and high rep (20-30) dumbbell exercises followed by running.

We also do a day a week of PT in full turnout gear with an SCBA on and run a tough obstacle course of firefighting events. (thank god its winter)

Kaput

Forum Ride Along
so anyway, could everybody please post one of the following in this thread:

shoe size
last digit of your license plate
diagonal dimension of your primary television
your favorite carbonated beverage
your preferance between the simpsons and family guy

Z
15"
Coca-Cola
Family Guy

Achilles

Forum Moron
shoe size
last digit of your license plate
diagonal dimension of your primary television
your favorite carbonated beverage
your preferance between the simpsons and family guy
Either a 5 or a 2
Coca Cola
Gigity

Achilles

Forum Moron
you want to know the motivation behind it?

its a rebuttal to any moderator thats ever stormed into a thread and demanded that a free floating discussion that was still within the rules be brought "bank on topic". so i started this thread that has no topic. you could post up the ingrediant list to a random package selected from your cupboard and it would be perfectly relevant. there is no conceivable way this thread could be off topic.

We have been on topic a few times and usually a CL will come in and yell at us to get back on topic, I disagree with them because we will eventually gradually get back on topic. Also if you mention the "g" word you will get a warning lol.
But I gave up trolling for lent...

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Why are people quoting 3 year old posts?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
this is a thread that has no specific topic. since it has no specific topic, it is absolutely impossible for us to be off topic. please feel free to chime in with whatever you darn well feel like. lyrics of your favorite song, the weather where you are, a detailed play by play of your last call, the contents of your left pocket. anything. lets just let it flow. remember, since there is no main topic to begin with, at no point can this thread ever be off topic, so we'll have none of that "lets stay on topic" business. cant be done. there isnt one. of course, all other rules apply. lets see how long we can keep thing going.

so, to begin this completely topicless thread, its raining right now, im watching house and am considering a snack of some kind.

tell me something random from your life today, or anything else.

Great thread!

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
To lighten the mood here:

What finals week at my school looks like in the library.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeXa4cHI4fg[/YOUTUBE]

Dude, don't you have finals week every 3 weeks? :p

But, yes, jealous. Very.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Is it bad that at 8 o'clock at night all I want to do is lie in bed and read a book?

I am just exhausted.

You guys ever have days like that? Those days when, even though you weren't particularly busy, you just seem to be mentally fried.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Some lady told me that "last time the ambulance drivers gave me morphine"

I know it's only words but /(1+BSG$+BDH3:&?5?3GSH:3ll6&/$(!!!!!!

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Some lady told me that "last time the ambulance drivers gave me morphine"

I know it's only words but /(1+BSG$+BDH3:&?5?3GSH:3ll6&/$(!!!!!!

Guess that title isn't just a USA issue :rofl:

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Guess that title isn't just a USA issue :rofl:

It's not a huge issue, mainly with the older people, the term "Ambulance Officer" is widely known and used however only because it we chose to call the Diploma level "Emergency Medical Technician" over "Primary Care Paramedic" and therefore are unable to call all levels something with "Paramedic" in the title

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Posted a copy of tomorrow's test online instead of the review sheet. Crap.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Last edited by a moderator: