the 100% directionless thread

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Everybody is going to Paramedic school before me. :(

I'm sure you'll be going to paramedic school before me. I'm actually not sure if I want to go that far. Been toying with the idea of going to Intermediate, but still not completely sure I want to go.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Just took a shower and realized that someone changed the shower head. And it wasnt me or my roomate.

Interesting lol

Check it for a camera!

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
I did jack effin diddly today. And it was AWESOME.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Waiting for usaf to get done with a job interview. I need a nap!

medic417

The Truth Provider

Anjel

Forum Angel
Sweet! Where are you taking it?

McLaren Hospital. It's in Flint, MI

I have heard good things, and all the teachers are more than just IC's. They all have at least bachelors degrees.

Anjel

Forum Angel

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Oo good point. I am a little creeped out.

If you do find a camera don't disconect I'll fly in and use your shower. It's about time for my monthly back shaving :) that'll teach em. Then you can find out who did it by following the horrified screams to the pervs house.

Sasha

Forum Chief
We were there to pick up a patient. Ended up helping nurses two rooms down get a hefty patient up from the floor and in to bed.

If there is one thing us ifters are good at its moving patients.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Real CCT calls are awesome, but supervisors never seem to understand why it takes an hour and a half to move someone a couple of miles.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well, I didn't think it was possible, but my FTO has made me absolutely hate going to work...as well as second guess whether or not I even want to continue working here.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Well, I didn't think it was possible, but my FTO has made me absolutely hate going to work...as well as second guess whether or not I even want to continue working here.
<bad joke>They've done their job!</bad joke>

Sorry to hear. Hopefully once you're done with your FTO time, your job will be a lot more enjoyable. I know at the company I work for there, are some people that make work miserable for me, and there are other people that are such awesome partners that I am kind of sad the shift is ending. Hang in there.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
<bad joke>They've done their job!</bad joke>

Sorry to hear. Hopefully once you're done with your FTO time, your job will be a lot more enjoyable. I know at the company I work for there, are some people that make work miserable for me, and there are other people that are such awesome partners that I am kind of sad the shift is ending. Hang in there.

It's not that I can't handle someone being a **** to me, it's that after correcting HIM twice on our protocols this week, he's still talking :censored::censored::censored::censored: to other supervisors about me. I equate working with him to Linuss working with his driving trainer.

Edit: forgot to add the "him" in the first sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Basically think of this:

Sympathetic is like the throttle. Parasympathetic is like brakes.

Kind of.

Sympathetic is the "breed and feed" system.

Parasympathetic is "rest and digest"

I always thought of the sympathetic as "sorry, I've gotta run!"

Just my way to remember 'em.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Ok one more question I promise.

Can someone live awhile without their SA node working? If one of the other back up pacers take over, is that person ok? or are they in trouble?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Too many things to remember about the SNS and PNS, lol.

Edit: Yes, they can live without their SA node not working. An example is controlled afib. If their heart becomes too fast, too slow, or too irregular then they may require a pacemaker or ICD.

JPINFV

Gadfly

I always thought of the sympathetic as "sorry, I've gotta run!"

Just my way to remember 'em.

Technically, breeding from the male standpoint requires both sympathetic and parasympathetics. "Point and shoot."

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Just to make sure I am understanfing correctly....

The sympathetic and parasympathetic systems in the heart kind of keep each other in check?

Regulating the pacing, conduction, and contraction?

One increases as the other decreases?

Sort of. Remember it by "fight or flight" (sympathetic) and "feed or breed" (parasympathetic). They both have up regulatory and down regulatory effects but just on different things.

You have that mixed up.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Too many things to remember about the SNS and PNS, lol.
Only if one's brain operates on the "penguins on an iceflow" method. :rolleyes:

Edit: Yes, they can live without their SA node not working. An example is controlled afib. If their heart becomes too fast, too slow, or too irregular then they may require a pacemaker or ICD.

Except that in atrial fibrillation the SA node is often working but it is simply being overridden by the alternate mechanism of the fibrillation.

Can someone live awhile without their SA node working? If one of the other back up pacers take over, is that person ok? or are they in trouble?

It depends on how well the electrical signals are converted into mechanical function. For the most part, atrial and junctional rhythms tend to be relatively stable and people can function reasonably well (assuming all other factors being good) where as ventricular rhythms tend to have a higher rate of morbidity associated with them.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

Ta-da. I had the same exact thing going on. I switched shifts today to get a different one. Hopefully that fixes it, because I really like the company and most of the employees thus far, but seem to get stuck with the people I can't click with. First it was my FTO with medicine I disagreed with, and then it was the driver trainer with all their drama that caused sour moods for 16 hour shifts. I want to make it through, get cleared, and get my own truck again.

It's funny... seeing the other peoples FTOs and they seem nice and cool, and they enjoy being on their FTOs truck. I just keep getting the ones I don't meld with. When I was at my last agency, I got 2 great ones. Granted I know you won't like everyone you work with... but I don't want someone I don't like being the one in charge of my career.