the 100% directionless thread

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
you mean her???

Ya, her too... :blush: It's the hole "Dan" thing... makes me picture the 50 y/o SAR Coordinator we have that is a balding ex-military/current coroner... Wait a minute... Corporal? Is that you stalking me?

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm 98.734% sure that emt.dan is a guy.

I thought/knew "he" was a gal... but the "Dan" thing confuses my lil' ol' EMT brain... especially without caffine...

POLL TIME... I have 20$ on gal... :p

Cory

Forum Captain
I go to Christ Hospital tommorrow to start some classes, now realizing EMS is not included, but ER experience may be along the lines of being "more medical professional than public safety oriented" Either way, I'm going to stick with it, should be a great expereince

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yay I'm at work... Can you tell I'm working hard? :p

Sasha

Forum Chief
I go to Christ Hospital tommorrow to start some classes, now realizing EMS is not included, but ER experience may be along the lines of being "more medical professional than public safety oriented" Either way, I'm going to stick with it, should be a great expereince

Do you really think EMS stops at the ER threshold...? The ER by it's very definition is EMS.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Yes, but the program doesn't specifically cover pre-hospital EMS.

That's not what you said, for one, and for two, medicine is medicine, in or out of the hospital. It doesn't magically change once you get past the ambulance bay doors.

I'm sick of people thinking that EMS is somehow some special and unique branch of medicine. It is, or should be, medicine.

Sasha

Forum Chief
What do you think the difference is in prehospital and hospital emergency medicine?

prehospital emergency medicine doesn't have a stethescope stealing, grumpy charge nurse or the asian dude. Did you know the asian dude was going for NP last time I saw him?

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
prehospital emergency medicine doesn't have a stethescope stealing, grumpy charge nurse or the asian dude. Did you know the asian dude was going for NP last time I saw him?

I know you know. I'm not sure we are talking about the same asian guy. the one i was talking about was very cool. his sense of humor was a little confusing though....