textbook question

metivierm

Forum Probie
hey everyone, im going to be doing the canadian equivalent of the emt-b class soon and wanted to buy a good textbook for it. i was thinking of the mosby emt-p book as an overall reference in case i decided to go further, but i also notices a phtls book. any recommednations as to which book i should get?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
The one that is required by your class. Seriously, you will be tested by those objectives. They are very similar in comparison, but still have minute differences that can alter test answers. As well, your instructor may want to refer to a specific portion or chapter...

Good luck in school!

R/r 911

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
DSC00690.jpg

pick one. seriously, what R/r said is good advice. read wehat your told to read for class. for extra reading for your own persoanl edification, some of these are good books(some are crap) but wait till your done with school or at least know your class material cold becuase thats what you will be tested on.

super_chris

Forum Probie
In my class we used the Brady book. "Prehospital Emergency Care". The thing is roughly 2 inches thick, or 4 cm you crazy Canadian.

It's incredibly thorough and worked great. The included self tests were a big help too.

futureemt

Forum Crew Member
We are using the AAOS Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Ninth Edition here.

Nocturnatrix

Forum Probie
I used Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Ninth Edition by Jones and Bartlett.

Every chapter in the book provides interactivities for you to experiment with and learn from on emtb.com
They have interactive review guides, interactive skill drills, assessment in action, ambulance calls with real case scenarios, videos with skills in action.

futureemt

Forum Crew Member
I used Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Ninth Edition by Jones and Bartlett.

Every chapter in the book provides interactivities for you to experiment with and learn from on emtb.com
They have interactive review guides, interactive skill drills, assessment in action, ambulance calls with real case scenarios, videos with skills in action.

we use the same book....I haven't started class yet...Jan 28th. So the books decent, huh?

Nocturnatrix

Forum Probie
we use the same book....I haven't started class yet...Jan 28th. So the books decent, huh?

Yes it is! i was on emtb.com almost everyday using the learning activities!
im not a good book learner so the web was a great tool for me! :)