Testing on Saturday, words of wisdom?

OP
OP
ARose

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Congratulations! In retrospect, do you have any suggestions for those taking the NREMT?

Yea, pass. :)

Joking aside, from a study standpoint focus on your weaknesses. I took the EMTachieve tests and quizzes and saw where I needed to start with. I had originally gone all out and bought all these crazy flash cards and quiz books, but all the answers I needed where in my books from class.
Did the flash cards and stuff help? Yea they were a nice break from the monotony of the chapters, but thats about it.
I think if I had to take it again I would have taken a more laid back approach to studying and not been so frantic about it.
As far as the test:
READ THE QUESTIONS. And then do it again. Keep your hand off the mouse until you understand the question. Don't over think it. Answer the question in its most basic form.

You either know the material or you don't. When and if you take it there will be a lot of questions where you sit there and think "Really dude? Is that a legit question?" like I said, it's mostly common sense, ABCs/c spine, etc.
And stay calm. It's only a test. (that's what I kept telling myself. "It's only a test. You gonna let a test kick your butt?")
That's my advice :)