T-shirts

MommyEMT

Forum Probie
Is there an EMT Student t-shirt/polo out there anywhere? Some of us were talking that it would be neat to have one that says the name of the service where we are training and have the Star of Life and EMS Student

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
Not sure of ne stock type shirts off hand but know with a minimum order... say ur entire class.... a lot of screen printing/embroidery companies will do shirts up for ya for not too much.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I've heard great things about http://www.cheapestees.com/, and they do both screen printing and embroidery.

Though I love doing stuff online, I actually found it easiest to work with someone locally. Find a local screen printer and they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
http://www.workplacepro.com/t-shirts/ems/S-WESC/

Inexpensive. New, nice design. 3 color options. Free custom wording on the sleeze (three lines) wiht orders of 12 or more. I have been known to purchase from them when the budget where I work allows for it. Nice quality shirts that we have even used on duty (when the design is dignified enough) due to the fact that we have out company name put on the shirts.

BigBoy

Forum Crew Member
ill give you mine the only thing is its a michigan shirt...lol
my class gave us tshirts to wear for clinicals so talk to your instuctor..

Sasha

Forum Chief
http://www.workplacepro.com/t-shirts/ems/S-WESC/

Inexpensive. New, nice design. 3 color options. Free custom wording on the sleeze (three lines) wiht orders of 12 or more. I have been known to purchase from them when the budget where I work allows for it. Nice quality shirts that we have even used on duty (when the design is dignified enough) due to the fact that we have out company name put on the shirts.

I'd stay away from this if you're planning on using it professionally like on clinicals and stuff. The design makes it really unprofessional.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd stay away from this if you're planning on using it professionally like on clinicals and stuff. The design makes it really unprofessional.

In certain circumstances, this particualr design might seem unprofesional, however, this company has several other designs avaialble and I know of several agencies that purchase these t-shirts in bulk for ems week every year and allow them to be used both in the ERs and on Ambos. Personally, I wouldn't wear this particular t-shirt on clinicals and ride along time, but for class and if sanctioned by the acengy...

I have purchaed over 24 of these before for the Snow Park employees, both in the navy color and the Dark Heather:

http://www.workplacepro.com/t-shirts/ems/TS-EMSS/

Last edited by a moderator:

Scout

Para-Noid
Going to have to agree with rid on this. T shirts make you look cheap and sloppy.

OP
OP
M

MommyEMT

Forum Probie
I brought this up tonight at our class and the lead instructor said it would be fine and that other classes did the same thing. He even said we could use it when it came time for our ride alongs...

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I brought this up tonight at our class and the lead instructor said it would be fine and that other classes did the same thing. He even said we could use it when it came time for our ride alongs...

So be it. Might as well wear flip flops and shorts. Image is important as it is one of the only things that projects who we are. The public does not know the importance of medical education, at the least one should present they are a medical professional. Removing doubt by one's image is easily done. Approved by an instructor or not, still does not make it right.

It's a shame even those that work at Wal-Mart projects a better image.

R/r 911

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
The polo version didn't look to bad I guess. For our clinicals we have to wear a blue button up style uniform shirt with our Paramedic program patch on the sleeve along with uniform pants. Rid is very right though... image says a lot... unfortunately... a few of my preceptors wear polo shirts and still look very sloppy... they let the buttons undone and chest hang out or don't tuck the shirt in... for some reason that bugs the heck out of me to see!

As the old saying goes, "if you don't know what your doing, at least look like you do" ;)

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
they let the buttons undone and chest hang out or don't tuck the shirt in... for some reason that bugs the heck out of me to see!

As it should...because regardless of what comes out of your mouth, if you look like a slob, you will be regarded to as a slob. When it comes time to critique your class, be sure to put that information about your preceptors on there. Many won't go as far as ensuring their 'gig line' is straight...but sometimes it's the little things that matter. One last thing that really gets me is unpolished boots. I'm not talking about boots that you can see yourself in...just boots that don't look like they've been polished with a brick. Sometimes those little details can separate you from the rest of the pack.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Professionalism: something that is not taught or enforced within EMS.

Whenever you have instructors, preceptors that appear sloppy then really are they a professional?

Sure, everyone has days and responses that will make you look like you tangled with a lion but also I see those that never take the time to make them self look presentable. Why would you entrust your life or someone elses on someone with such low ambition and self esteem? Kinda makes you wonder if they care so little about their image, their mentality probably follows. The same as in drinking a "big gulp" while responding in emergency status.

Something different from EMS and Nursing. Nursing emphasizes professionalism in each of the segments (O.B., Psych, Med-Surg., so on) from possible litigation and documentation to image and respect for the patients psychosocial, spiritual needs. It is enforced on clinical sites and even within the work force.

One of the problems within in EMS is that it is allowed and almost expected. The ones with unbutton shirts or wrinkled should be written up and sent home. Sure at the station house is one thing but on calls... that's another. You don't only represent yourself, you represent the company and the profession as a whole.

R/r 911

DHarris52

Forum Probie
Professionalism: something that is not taught or enforced within EMS.

Whenever you have instructors, preceptors that appear sloppy then really are they a professional?

Sure, everyone has days and responses that will make you look like you tangled with a lion but also I see those that never take the time to make them self look presentable. Why would you entrust your life or someone elses on someone with such low ambition and self esteem? Kinda makes you wonder if they care so little about their image, their mentality probably follows. The same as in drinking a "big gulp" while responding in emergency status.

Something different from EMS and Nursing. Nursing emphasizes professionalism in each of the segments (O.B., Psych, Med-Surg., so on) from possible litigation and documentation to image and respect for the patients psychosocial, spiritual needs. It is enforced on clinical sites and even within the work force.

One of the problems within in EMS is that it is allowed and almost expected. The ones with unbutton shirts or wrinkled should be written up and sent home. Sure at the station house is one thing but on calls... that's another. You don't only represent yourself, you represent the company and the profession as a whole.

R/r 911

...Captain Killjoy to the rescue.

If someone is seriously sick or injured, the LAST thing they are worried about is how the EMS crew is dressed, believe me.

Scout

Para-Noid
Harris you are wrong.

Got to love a statement with no back up or proof that is still 100%.