Stop certain posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Mods, if you think the anti-volunteer crowd are the ones being uncivil and causing problems, you might want to pay more attention to posts like this...

How is anything regarding the future of our profession a waste of bandwidth? If EMS is going to be taken seriously as a career, this is something that needs to be addressed. How is the future of our chosen profession not worth debating? If you don't want to participate in the debate, stay out of it.

Did I make any reference to disrespecting your dissenting opinion? No, I did not. Dissenting opinions I can deal with. Pure apathy and just throwing up your arms is another matter entirely.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree. You may not have openly said "I disrespect your dissenting opinion" but you did disrespect it when you referred to my post as "spam." Makes a guy really feel respected. If you want to disagree with me (and you obviously do) that's fine... but come on, spam? That's a bit much.

You're getting my on case about being uncivil. Maybe you should take a look at your posts about me on this thread. As far as I'm concerned it was a personal attack.

I'm hardly apathetic on this subject. Just because I choose to not spend my time posting about it on some web forum doesn't mean that I won't try to encourage more and better training where it really counts: In the field. If you really feel that volunteers are scum and FFs have no business being EMTs or Medics then why don't you do something about it? Contact your lawmakers, mayor, the pope, whomever. I think something like that is more constructive than taking to the Internet and proclaiming that all firefighters suck as EMTs and Medics and that volunteer VFDs and EMSs should be outlawed.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
How bout a Like/Dislike button.... could we do that so that we can weed out some of the threads that might cause inflammation? hurt peoples feelings??

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
We're just going to have to agree to disagree. You may not have openly said "I disrespect your dissenting opinion" but you did disrespect it when you referred to my post as "spam." Makes a guy really feel respected. If you want to disagree with me (and you obviously do) that's fine... but come on, spam? That's a bit much.

You're getting my on case about being uncivil. Maybe you should take a look at your posts about me on this thread. As far as I'm concerned it was a personal attack.

I'm hardly apathetic on this subject. Just because I choose to not spend my time posting about it on some web forum doesn't mean that I won't try to encourage more and better training where it really counts: In the field. If you really feel that volunteers are scum and FFs have no business being EMTs or Medics then why don't you do something about it? Contact your lawmakers, mayor, the pope, whomever. I think something like that is more constructive than taking to the Internet and proclaiming that all firefighters suck as EMTs and Medics and that volunteer VFDs and EMSs should be outlawed.

It offered nothing to thread aside from "hay guise, dis is pointless", which is nothing constructive whatsoever.

Forget training! What about education? And yes, there IS a difference.

And I have no problem with VFDs as long as they keep their mitts off of my profession.

You seem to be getting pretty bent out of shape about this. Me thinking your post served no purpose because it failed to offer anything relevant to the topic at hand is a personal attack? Thank you for proving what I said about the zero tolerance policy to be true.

scottyb

Forum Crew Member
See, another thread going the same route.

I will refrain from commenting on the volunteer vs paid, as that is not the topic of this thread. But, I think this proves some others points that many threads become this through comments on both sides that slowly move the thread to some one coming out and saying their opinions on the topic that seems to cause the most discord. And now, argument will ensue, and I don't think you can point to any one person that caused it.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.