Some photos from work

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Not really sure if this thread will be more appropriate in the Humor or Lounge forum.

Here are some photos I've taken at work, some at the office, some out on the street--in one case, I literally mean "on the street"--for your enjoyment. Some I have posted here before, but this thread is meant to be more like an album that I may add to if I shoot anything else interesting enough.

web.jpg

I reported this condition of my ambulance, in addition to the fact that it was blowing a lot of white smoke out the tailpipe, and was still told to try to drive it back to the office.

web.jpg

This photo was not taken by me. This actually happened a bit before I started working for this company. The wheelchair van was backed out by a supervisor, who apparently thought he was heading for the next door to the right. He said that in his right outside mirror, he saw the railing, so he thought he was heading for the correct door.

web.jpg

This is how unwanted ambulances are disposed of: Piece by piece in a Dumpster. :D

web.jpg

Signs, signs, everywhere are signs, blocking up the scenery, breaking my mind...

web.jpg

This sticker is in one of the company's ambulances! :wacko:

web.jpg
web.jpg

A section of a street in Baltimore in front of a "nursing and rehab" center was paved over, apparently without being cleaned off first. Nearby, you can also find a bit of extension cord paved in.

web.jpg

This amuses me probably more than it should, for some reason. Usually, just the button is enough, or, when a sign is added, it usually says "Push plate on wall to operate door". The simplicity of this sign really says what this hospital thinks of the intelligence of people exiting the building.

web.jpg

Apparently, at this nursing home, there is so much abuse that they need to have someone coordinate it. I wonder if they make a schedule? "Monday: Abuse the First Floor residents; Tuesday: Abuse the Second Floor residents...", etc.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Haha!! I love that Ford Ambulance sticker lol!!
Thanks for the pictures.. a good laugh is always needed! ^_^

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
LMAO... Ironically, we have a placard on the same type of square door button, stating push square button with an arrow stating THIS SQUARE BUTTON!..

Personally, I would like to know where I can become an abuse coordinator. Does this mean I schedule the abuses, or plan them ahead of time? Do I get to participate or just plan them? ;)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I hate uncoordinated abuse!

But my personal favorite has to be the fork in the road!

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
i need to get one of those sickers to put in our ambulances or at least on the foreheads of the board

imurphy

Forum Captain
Is that what people mean when they say "You'll come to a fork in the road, go left"

Finally I understand! :)

LAnel1

Forum Ride Along
Hahahaha!! Those pics made my day! Our ECF's don't have a coordinator for the abuse... they just have team leaders; they're more recognized as clubs... but definitely making their way to organizations.

Funny thing... it's always the supervisors that do the most vehicle damage. :p

aussieemt1980

Forum Lieutenant
I hate uncoordinated abuse!

But my personal favorite has to be the fork in the road!

Hahahahahaha

Directions to this nursing home: drive down the street, turn right at the "fork in the road". Just watch out for the spoon, it can get a little rough.....

Sorry, could not help myself.....

[Collapses in laughter - realises that heat, a day off and alcohol do not mix very well....]

medic1986

Forum Ride Along
ha, love the placard, we have a joke one on one of our units, that we just made up of course.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
What a coincidence! That's how I'm building my ambulance, one bit at a time...

From a dumpster!
Small woild, nyuck nyuck.

OP
OP
JJR512

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Two more for you

Here are two more recent pictures for your entertainment:

web.jpg

The door right behind this vehicle is the main walk-in door to the Emergency Dept. at Baltimore Washington Medical Center in Glen Burnie, MD. I think this might send the wrong message to walk-in patients! :ph34r: (Then again, this is the same hospital that used to have the reserved parking space for clergy closer to the door than the reserved parking spaces for ED physicians, which I think sends the exact same wrong message! :D)

web.jpg

I am at a complete loss to explain this sign found inside an area nursking home! :wacko: (My partner, though, theorizes that perhaps the dinner bells are kept with the crash cart in case the excitement of hearing the bell is too much for some old heart, although he has no idea why they'd be further kept in a brown box.)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Perhaps this is so workers running a code, if they become fatiqued or hungry can use the bell located conveniently on the crash cart to order a snack, refreshment of perhaps a full meal.

EMTDON970

Forum Crew Member
Wow

The check gauges one on top looks like my truck now...lol.....seriously...

Sasha

Forum Chief
I dont get it. Whats wrong with the car?

Sasha

Forum Chief
It's a hearse-van... parked at the front entrance of the ER.

Ooooooooooh. I was wondering why it was long... and what the thing on the window is.

Omg thats hilarious.

Almost as hilarious as finding a funeral home right next door to a nursing home.