SoCal people, how you dooin'?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Power out, temps down, winds up...what are you having to do to keep operating? Any stories to pass on?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Power is on. Temps are in the 50-60 right now. And no wind here.

I don't know if I'll be able to survive the cold temps haha

Joe

Forum Captain
it hasnt got to terribly cold here yet. its suposed to get to 17 tonight. i heard around the pasadena glendale area they had some amazing winds in the 50mph range last week. i work in the antelope valley. its always windy so nothing new there haha

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
Wind sucks, cold sucks. Power stayed on in our particular area.

I can see my breath outside right now, not cool.

I also hate wearing a jacket so I've been rocking short sleeves on duty.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Bunch of winers! It was 14 degrees the other morning here.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Some parts of Greater SoCal had gusts over 97 mph.

Pasadena reports buildings being red tagged as uninhabitable due to structural damage. My corespondent in Palos Verdes/San Pedro has every antenna wiped off his house, including sat TV, old HAM and old TV antennae. Over 50,000 customers out of power yesterday in San Gabriel Valley for varying lengths of time. We could have participants who are off line.
We have one who commuters from Hesperia to Carson...good luck with that, how's the Cajon Pass?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Not the HAM antenna!

Hmm, I didn't think about driving through the Cajon Pass for a little damage voyeurism.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Cajon Pass....

SLowly I turned....step by step....inch by inch....

Southbound, you could shut off your engine and open the front doors for a free ride.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
It's a bit chilly, round 35 at night for the last week or so.

Personally I like cold weather in Cali, we dont get much for a change of seasons so the cold windy weather reminds me of the Christmas time we never really get.

Trust me 70-80 and sunny does get old after a while..... say 22 years

Rettsani

Forum Captain
I think now comes winter
In the last 3 weeks we had an average of temperatures between 5 - 17 degrees. Since yesterday evening, it is now cold to -5 degrees and the weather service says there are still colder and it is anticipated the first snow ..
I'm curious how it will. The people here can not drive on slippery roads.

I still remember, as my former boss had forgotten that our ambulances drove with summer tires. He thought it would have been all-weather tires. If we attempted to leave the hospital ramp with the rescue vehicle we are always slipped down. That was very embarrassing. At the end we had to be towed from the fire department from the ramp away. :wacko:

JD9940

Forum Probie
Power was out at station on Thursday, down powerlines and uprooted trees all over the road. Made driving that day a little more exciting.