runninhot

Forum Ride Along

Attachments

• 344714.jpg
    344714.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 329

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Looks like a not-bad tool depending on the grip.

I have a pittle pucker factor about the belt cutter being so close to the soft part of my hand, and I'd take a grinder and blunt off that stabbing tip. Nice opening stud. Wonder if the handle is brightly colored to help avoid losing it?
IRL ( in real life), hardly if ever need all that. My Victorinox Tinkerer (now "Huntsman") Swiss Army officer's knife (I'm on my sixth in forty three years) served me better, since the tools I used most were screwdrivers, awl, scissors, saw, and corkscrew (Just to open wine).
As for the windw whacker, get the US Geologic Survey official R.O.C.K. tool.
rock3.jpg

PS: try buying an ear tag cutter at the local feed store, looks like it will cut belts just fine for $4, thin and flexible too.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Hmm I like #2 better

I didn't mention I carried the Victorinox along with a 6 inch name brand ViseGrip plier with wire cutter in my BDU pants and an Estwing geologist's pick in my left hand. Sometimes one tool can do most of it, but the more tasks it does, the less-well it does any of them.

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
buy a benchmade, kershaw or a spyderco. You get what you pay for.

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
dunno about that exact model, but i have a s&w knife and love it, so go for it

hrmeeks

Forum Crew Member
I like the gerber version comes with clothes/seatbelt cutter window punch and other nifty little gadgets but the greatest tool of all is the blade it doubles as a prybar. for those time you lock yourself out of your ambulance

Summit

Critical Crazy
That's retarded. Cutting the belt is with a stabbing motion on a non-folder.

8jimi8

CFRN
am i mistaken in thinking that the belt cutter is at the back end of the knife?

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
I have my Swiss Army knife on me at all times, but I rarely use it on the job. Mostly, I just use my trauma sheers. They fit perfectly well to cut a seat belt, and have that nice rounded edge so you don't accidentally stab the person while you're trying to get it in there.

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
I dont cut the seatbelt thats the fire boys job as for all TC's we have fire automatically dispatched...

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
I dont cut the seatbelt thats the fire boys job as for all TC's we have fire automatically dispatched...

We are sometimes the first on scene, and even when we aren't we assist fire getting people out of the cars. We have our cutting truck and team and everything!

Man I want to learn how to use the Jaws.

8jimi8

CFRN
Utters and spreaders are pretty darn simple....

el Murpharino

Forum Captain

+1

I don't get near cars on MVA's unless it's a critical patient - my uniform doesn't come close to the PPE needed. I may go up to the car and assess the patient for life threats...but as far as disentanglement....not my job.