silly question - Pens

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I've found that the minute I find a pen I 'can't live without' or that's my favorite, it immediately gets lost, borrowed or gooeyed up.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Two toss-in's

1. Use 1" medirip to make a non-skid cushioned pen grip. Won't slide into your pocket either.
2. Which pen makes the best cricothyrotomy airway once you've used your Tom Mix penknife to open it? (Sorry Father Mulcahey).

Subliminal

Forum Probie
I use my company issued pen with their logo on it. I usually grab 3 at the start of my shift, and by the end of my shift I'm down to 1... never fails

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
1. Use 1" medirip to make a non-skid cushioned pen grip. Won't slide into your pocket either.
2. Which pen makes the best cricothyrotomy airway once you've used your Tom Mix penknife to open it? (Sorry Father Mulcahey).
those stupif ones with the cap make the best wilderness or military airway, they are easier to take apart. We were shown how to use the GI pens when in training.

ambo000

Forum Ride Along
I use the Paper Mate Ink Joy 700 RT 1.0mm in black ink. I have found they glide on to both paper and gloves effortlessly.

The pen also has a rather professional finish with a white barrel, light grey grips (great for sweaty hands) and shiny silver detailing ie. clicker tops, nibs and clips.

The clickable feature is great as you don't have to worry about loosing pen caps whilst the front clips allow the pen to be easily attached to your uniform sleeve pocket!

You can buy a pack of 2 for around $3.50 Aus.

Hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
ambo, welcome from the Antipodes!

The clickable things is important so no grabbing of pen cap with teeth is involved. (yuck)

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
You can tell how long someone has been working by the pens....and while i still love my Zebra F301 and the Write in the Rain pen ive since carry a sharpie and whatever the bail bondsman leaves at PDHQ

Plus we use ePCR anyway