Sick EMT needs help getting through shift

sarahharter

Forum Crew Member
I feel like :censored::censored::censored::censored: to put it bluntly, dont wanna get into the nasty details but i really wish i could go home and go to bed. i cant eat or drink cuz i cant keep it down and standing up sucks. i asked to leave early but there is noone to cover. HELP!:sad:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I feel like :censored::censored::censored::censored: to put it bluntly, dont wanna get into the nasty details but i really wish i could go home and go to bed. i cant eat or drink cuz i cant keep it down and standing up sucks. i asked to leave early but there is noone to cover. HELP!:sad:

Walk into the person who's in charge's office and have a syncope, YOU'LL WIN!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
OP
OP
sarahharter

sarahharter

Forum Crew Member
i am the only one left here. my partner was a volley and went home, everyone else that was here came and left. and i wish i could turn up teh heat in this place its at 68 but its freezing.

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Awww. Buy me a plane ticket and I can come keep you company for the night!

OP
OP
sarahharter

sarahharter

Forum Crew Member
thanks. i just think that if the volunteer says they wanna run they should stay the whole shift. i just wanna chug some nightquill ok a crap load and go to bed and something to make me stop throwing up would be stellar.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Too bad there's no -I or Medic around to maybe hit you with a little phenergan

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Too bad there's no -I or Medic around to maybe hit you with a little phenergan

I was thinking Zofran but same principle, 500cc fluid and some Zofran, maybe even throw in some valium to help you sleep like a baby. No reason to buy Nyquil when we can make our own :p

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you still on now?

I felt like that the other day, couldn't find anyone to cover for me either. I just tried to waste time to make it go by faster.

Of course watching House made me feel a little better! I know it sounds easier than it is, but just try not to think about it.

Good luck!

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
i am the only one left here. my partner was a volley and went home, everyone else that was here came and left. and i wish i could turn up teh heat in this place its at 68 but its freezing.

With my service if there is only one member on duty then the rig doesn't leave the bay regardless of any calls that come in. If there is only 1 then the hospital is told the ambulance service is shut down until a second member shows up.

OP
OP
sarahharter

sarahharter

Forum Crew Member
well im still at work ans still feel horrible. i did get a lil sleep but not much. i tried to eat a lil and so far its still down. yay some progress. and i took tylenol and it doesnt work cuz my head is still pounding but i actually think that is from something else that would be totally my fault. and fever is going dowbn. but thanks everyone i would send a hug but i dont wanna get anyone sick. lol.