Shoulder Anguish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justice

Forum Crew Member
So in 2007 I seperated my shoulder several times while in the Army. Christmas of 2011 I dislocated it again and flat out blacked out from the pain.
My doctor diagnosed me with a 'Right Acromioclavicular joint seperation"
I have been in intense pain with little to no relief for close to 3 months. an MRI showed my shoulder is not in place and "out of the socket" as my APRN put it.

I currently go to a VA hospital because I recieve service connected disability for the injury.

Here are my questions.

#1 Since the most recent seperation I have lost all feeling in my R arm but blood flow is normal and a nerve conduction study showed minimal nerve damage. My doctor stared in disbelief when she gave me a cortisone shot while I wasn't looking and i didnt even flinch "she thought I was faking and stabbed me hard intentionally" What could cause this?

2# MRI and Ct scans were clean and I have been tested for seizures but I have had a headache since the recent injury that no medication can relieve.
any idea what could cause this?

#3 I am currently on Tramadol but I dont respond well to it and I have to choose between shoulder pain or stomach pain both are a +10 pain. I alternate heat and ice but remain in Pain. Any ideas because my doctor is out of them.

#4 My OT lifted and pushed my shoulder into place and I had feeling in my hand again but I have no Rotator Cuff injury so my doctor said surgery wont happen. How will OT get my shoulder back in the socket without surgery?

#5 is anyone willing to come put me out of my misery?

I have had every possible diagnostic testing there is. 4 weeks of 4 tests a week. They say they have ruled out every possibility for all of my complaints.
A doctor suggested a syndrome I cannot remember the name of but essentially suggesting my nerves are working and will take time to 'Trust" sending sensation feelings to my brain but no idea how long this could be.

someone kill me. Thanks

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Thread closed per this rule
No Medical Advice

To ensure the safety of everyone, EMTLife participants are not allowed to provide or seek medical advice via the forum, private message, or via EMTLife's email feature. Information contained on or made available through EMTLife is not intended to and does not constitute medical advice or recommendations of any kind. Participants seeking medical advice or treatment should contact their physician or local emergency services.

Status
Not open for further replies.