should I be worried?

TexasMedic

Forum Crew Member
I've been having chest pains almost all day today. It started this morning about 4 just as a feeling of ingestion and progressively moved to the chest, feeling of pressure and a dull pain about noon. At which time it became almost completely as isolated to the chest and shoulder area. My vitals were stable then (BP 112/86, pulse 78 slightly irregular, respirations 20). After two hours it lessened considerably, but never went away completely. The pressure is still there and my vitals haven’t really changed. I'm wondering if this is something I should be concerned about, seeing that I’ve had this all day.

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
Personally, I don't think so; but if it's not better in a day or so, I'd consider going into the doctor. But then again, I'm no expert on cardiac... :)

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
We had a call yesterday with similar symtoms and it turned out to be her gall bladder. Could be heartburn, acid reflux, and a hundred other things. Try to relax and not eat any fried foods or anything too greasy. And if it's not better in a day or so call your doc or go to the clinic, also, I wouldn't bother taking my own vitals, we tend read too much into it and can subconciously change them.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'd wouldn't be too worried, but can you take a run up to the station and get a quick EKG?

I know of two young EMTs who had similar feelings, were hooked up to an EKG, and then coded into the hospital with heart issues. Not trying to scare ya, but just some food for thought.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ummm... would you let a patient with similar symptoms refuse, or would you REALLY want them to go to the hospital -even if they are probably just having indigestion?

Think about that.

Then go get yourself checked out ;)