SHOCK.... help

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I have to find some sources to answer this question.. its for my 40 page paper on SHOCK for my medic class.... any help would be AWESOME. (links to sources would be awesome.) I have looked for days, and have had a hard time.

Describe the physiologic actions, responses, and/or changes that take place in each of the following oragns, or systems when the body compensates for the disproportion between circulating blood volume and the size of the vascular bed. If differences occur in early and late shock, discuss what happens at each stage.

a. autonomic nervous system
b. heart
c. resp. system
d. microcirculation (capillaries)
e. extracellular fluid
f. kidneys
g. liver
h. spleen
i. bone marrow early and as shock progresses
j. adrenal glands
k. pituitary gland early and as shock progresses
l. hypothalamus
m. baroreceptor reflexes
n. chemoreceptor reflexes

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I looked through my old anatomy sites and couldnd't find anything :(

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for the sites. I believe the first and last will help quite a bit. What did you google to get these results? I tried for hours to get something like the first site, and had no luck. It just kept explaining what shock is, not what happens to the body durring shock <_< :angry: :(

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
damn.. 40pgs on shock for medic class.... sounds like overkill. Mine was only 10. I still have it if you would like to read it.

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I would love to read it... maybe it will get me going in the right direction. 10 pages.. that would be nice. He expects this one question noted above to be around 8-12 pages. There are 43 questoins total. So an average of a page each. With the exception of the above questoin.

If you have you paper on computer, you can email it to me @ cwbass@sbcglobal.net maybe it will help.

Thanks for the google advice.

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member
40 pages on anything sounds like its going to suck hard to do. Double spacing, bigger fonts....

Good luck. If you get it done and want it on the web let me know and I can put if up for you

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
can you say OVERKILL chilren'? I KNEW that you could!!

Man that question can be answered in a sentence:

"All I need to know about shock is that capillaries and veins constrict, shunting blood to the most appropriate organs, dropping the BP and increasing the HR; the brain and heart are always perfused and if that even stops then the pt has croaked."

Just my opinion, good luck with that paper. SOOOOO glad they didnt give us one of those in my medic class.