Services around Denver,CO

EMT1388

Forum Ride Along
I'm an EMT out of Arkansas with 3 years EXP and just completed medic school looking to move to Denver soon so I'm looking for a list of services around the Denver area.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Denver Health Paramedics: great service. Must have a year experience to apply. Run by the Denver Health Hospital system
Pride mark runs in Arvada. Bought out by Rural Metro a few years back
Rural/Metro : transporting 911 in aurora.
Actioncare: ift and back up 911 in Denver. Primary 911 in Sheridan and Security
AMR: primary 911 in city and county of Boulder, El Paso county/Colorado springs. Ift in Denver and I believe a backup 911 provider. Also runs 911 in Longmont I believe.
Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head minus fire departments.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Englewood Fire does primary 911 in Sheridan/Englewood now instead of Actioncare. Actioncare is still around, but primarily IFT with backup 911 only in Denver. They do have the 911 contract in Security, south of Colorado Springs. Northglenn Ambulance does IFT and has the 911 contract in Commerce City. Everything else TJ said seems pretty accurate. Most of the other services in Denver are fire department based.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Englewood Fire does primary 911 in Sheridan/Englewood now instead of Actioncare. Actioncare is still around, but primarily IFT with backup 911 only in Denver. They do have the 911 contract in Security, south of Colorado Springs. Northglenn Ambulance does IFT and has the 911 contract in Commerce City. Everything else TJ said seems pretty accurate. Most of the other services in Denver are fire department based.

Thanks for the update lol. It's been about three years since I worked for Actioncare. I'm debating Denver health or transferring to boulder or the springs.

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
Those lists pretty much cover it. However, Pridemark no longer covers Arvada, the fire department took that contract over in March. Pridemark still covers Wheat Ridge, Edgewater, and Fairmount. My understanding is that now you can't apply directly to Pridemark anymore, you have to apply to Rural/Metro.

The city of Sheridan has been covered by Denver Health since the city disbanded their fire department a few years ago.

There's also Mile High Ambulance and All American Ambulance. They're both relatively new add all I know about them is that I've seen their ambulances around town.

Branching out a bit, there's also Platte Valley in Brighton, Weld County Paramedic Services, Thompson Valley (Loveland), and Poudre Valley in Fort Collins.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Oh and if you see ads for Capitol Ambulance, stay far far away

F

Felixssimonov

Capital city ambulance is good company i work for over a year and they change manageement, you can run emergencee and be like 911 and lot of overtime can be taken.

milehimedic

Forum Probie
I'm an EMT out of Arkansas with 3 years EXP and just completed medic school looking to move to Denver soon so I'm looking for a list of services around the Denver area.

If you're willing to live somewhere other than Denver in Colorado, AMR runs 911 service in Boulder, and there are some services in Northern Colorado that have a great reputation. Denver Health is a pretty difficult service to get on with from what I have heard. Really over-saturated market for EMS.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If you're willing to live somewhere other than Denver in Colorado, AMR runs 911 service in Boulder, and there are some services in Northern Colorado that have a great reputation. Denver Health is a pretty difficult service to get on with from what I have heard. Really over-saturated market for EMS.

AMR also runs 911 transport in the Springs. And from my coworkers that work there it's a great system

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Not 100% sure, but I believe Denver Health pays their medics ~$17-18/hr. I don't know AMRs pay scale for the area. Someone that knows more than I do should be along shortly.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Doesn't AMR do 911 for Golden?
There is Stadium Ambulance but I think they are just event standby (but including vehicle races).
If you can branch north and south, how about slightly west? Clear Creek Ambulance is a 911 3rd service.