see ya

Joe

Forum Captain
After having my emt basic card for about a year and a half i have decided that i am giving up on the emt jobs. i have applied everywhere and recieved one interview for a position that was over 100 miles from home which was not in my best interest for 9.00 an hour. it was a good shot but its about time to renew my certs and not having a job after applying to about 20 or so companies and always getting the "you live to far away" comment i am done. guess what, im not going to leave my current job where i make 16 an hr and move so i can get shat on for 9 an hour or less. so life goes on as a grave digger and a loss prevention agent. its been fun guys. hopefully me leaving and not applying one of you other lucky guys get a shot cheers

Anjel

Forum Angel
Good luck to you in whatever you do.

I'm sorry you had such a hard time getting a job. California sucks.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
no reason to go from 16/hr down to EMT-B pay, get your medic and FF certs. Try again. EMT is an entry level job, think the same type of job you get at mcdonalds. Just easier.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Good luck.

I was intending to become a paramedic and became a RN and stayed in the USAF because field EMS is not a long-term career for most. Press on, don't overlook the potentials in tech school or community colleges as a "leg-up", and consider moving where there are more jobs?

Last edited by a moderator: