Say hello to another dumb newbie medic...

natrab

Forum Crew Member
Yep, I passed National Reg and got my state license for the wonderful state of California. I ended up scoring an 82% on national reg and passed all my skills the first time around. I thought for sure I had bombed it.

Anyways, look out world, here comes another nervous new medic who thankfully is going to work in a dual-medic system so I can have someone watching my back when I become the **** magnet I'm destined to be (considering I was a huge white cloud all through medic school and my internship).

I'm pretty nervous, but I'm also confident that I got a good education and that I am a safe beginner. Let the real learning begin!

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
your never just a dumb noob.and your never just a "Basic"..unless your like my ex partner which I ran off within the first shift she had....remember hun the learning never ends listen to those that have been around....and remember this one point..

DONT GET TUNNEL VISION eeeeeeeeeeeeeeps....cant stress that enough... welcome welcome and congratulations on your registry!!!!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome back to the forums, and congratulations on getting your medic cert.

I'll buy ya a beer next time I fly out there.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
dont put yourself down like that. you worked real hard to get that card in your hand. it take alot of brains to do it so you not dumb.

but your rookie status....thats another thing all together. now go wash and wax the unit. and your buying coffee. and lunch. and dinner for that matter.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Hey Nat

Congrats!

Where'd yo go to school? Westmed or that place in Santa Cruz?

WannaBEMT

Forum Crew Member
I just passed my NR too and I am nervous as well! You will do fine I am sure, and I agree that you need to stop saying things like that about yourself! You passed the test, you are not even near dumb!

Good luck out there
Jenn

Epi-do

I see dead people
New....yes. Dumb....no! You put alot of time and hard work into passing that test. Congrats!

OP
OP
natrab

natrab

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for all the comments guys. I was being a little sarcastic with the title :rolleyes:

I went to ETS in Santa Cruz, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I started the course Feb 1st and got my NR results Jan 2nd, so that means the entire course including internships and tests took 11 months. I feel like I got a great education though as I never ran into anything in my internship that I didn't know how to handle. I feel like all my bases are covered for now. Once I get out in the field though, I'm sure I'll run into plenty to learn from.

I'm also very glad I put in my two years as an EMT-B working on an ALS unit. It's been the most helpful thing as I didn't have to worry about logistics of equipment and protocol while getting through my education.

Really I'm quite stoked about getting to go out there and do what all this training has been for. I knew I was ready for it when I enrolled, and $10,000 and 1 year later I'm heading out to do it. Wahooo!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
:beerchug: Congrats!! you have worked hard, my mom was a R.N. and she told me this and I always tell this to the EMT students, "You must have a little "healthy fear" for the job, it teaches you the respect for the profession!" Once again Congrats! and cheers!!^_^ :beerchug: p.s. luv Santa Cruz!!;)

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Congrats - and there is no such thing as being dumb in this field - you gotta know what you are doing!!!!! And you passed because you DO!!!!

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Congrats - and there is no such thing as being dumb in this field - you gotta know what you are doing!!!!! And you passed because you DO!!!!

yeah...darlin' dont hold your breath....there is a such thing as being dumb in the field...ive seen it first hand...passing a test means you can answer questions right youd be amazed at the people who can pass the test but dont last in the field...or cause injury due to blatant stupidity.....

from pushing or trying to push intestines back into the aviceration
improper cpr
lack of bsi precautions

the list goes on

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
yeah...darlin' dont hold your breath....there is a such thing as being dumb in the field...ive seen it first hand...passing a test means you can answer questions right youd be amazed at the people who can pass the test but dont last in the field...or cause injury due to blatant stupidity.....

from pushing or trying to push intestines back into the aviceration
improper cpr
lack of bsi precautions

the list goes on

Wow - this amazes me... I am trying to congratulate someone on a job well done, and someone has to ruin it... Way to go...
Now I realize why I left this site the first time.

Too much negativity here.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Congratulations! You will do great! The only stupid ones are the ones that refuse to learn and not learn off their mistakes.... Not performing to standards is being incompetent.

p.s.... Folk's can we please do spell checks? .. If we are going to criticize or debate about lack of education and poor training, at least spell words and perform sentence stucture correctly.

R/r 911

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
p.s.... Folk's can we please do spell checks? .. If we are going to criticize or debate about lack of education and poor training, at least spell words and perform sentence stucture correctly.

R/r 911

Oh, the irony!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. You were wide open for that one! ;)

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Wow - this amazes me... I am trying to congratulate someone on a job well done, and someone has to ruin it... Way to go...
Now I realize why I left this site the first time.

Too much negativity here.

oh, don't mind her. She's just cranky because the voices aren't talking to her at night. :D