Saudi Red Crescent Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJFLGHTMDC

Forum Crew Member
"The guys with Action are getting over in like 2 months. So far it's been almost a four month process for me. But our contracts are for a full year. So I just hope it all works out soon. It probably will."

I spoke to the people form Action on 12/20/09 and I'm arriving in Saudi on Saturday.

JAXDAD

Forum Ride Along
Has anyone contacted the state dept for any information ? It might be a wise idea

strattamatter

Forum Ride Along
I applied online at the SRCA website about 40 days ago. Heard nothing back ever after several emails trying to confirm they received my application. I finally decided to re-apply online. I received an email back within 5 hours requesting all the paperwork. Guess they just lost my first application the first time. Trying to just go with the flow. I don't mind a slow process,it gives me more time to get the basics of Arabic down...Rosetta Stone.

bmc911

Forum Probie
yah man, i think theres several people monitoring the emails. ive had to email several times before getting a response. just keep on them, if you dont hear back in a day or 2 just shoot another email whatever it might be about. ive had to send requested items numerous times. to save some time dont wait for them to request something again, just keep asking if it was recieved til they respond.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Did everyone that was hired here get a phone interview?

bmc911

Forum Probie
i spoke with a doctor on the phone but it wasnt an interveiw, i didnt have any kind of verbal interveiw

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
That was prob Dr. Nakity? What kind of stuff does he talk to you about on the phone?

ac dispatcher

Forum Ride Along
guys as on who has worked for AA i want to make certain that you are aware

"The guys with Action are getting over in like 2 months. So far it's been almost a four month process for me. But our contracts are for a full year. So I just hope it all works out soon. It probably will."

I spoke to the people form Action on 12/20/09 and I'm arriving in Saudi on

Saturday.

Just because you have worked through the phone interviews and were sent a contract does NOT mean you will absolutely have a job once you arrive! They bring several canidates over will just over half retaining employement. Good luck to all i hope you all done your homework and have acually talked to AA employees who have stayed after arriving.

helimedic39

Forum Crew Member
There is a 60 day probation period that they can send you home if you are not what they were looking for. We all are going there with a job. It's not like they are saying come over and see if we put you to work. Nobody would go if that was the case, or i'd at least hope so. You just gotta show and prove yourself and you are good to go.

Hoppymedic

Forum Crew Member
from my understanding you have to be "hired on" before they can deploy you, but like helimedic said, if you are not ehat they are looking for then they can and wil send you packing. the hiring process is supposed to eliminate that preblem but we all now that some look better on paper than in real life

medic75

Forum Ride Along

Hi everybody......

I am new to this forum. I am from India. I have a question , is it mandatory to have military experience to work with SRCA, because in India military service is not compulsary, so I don't have military experience.

Regards

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Hi everybody......

I am new to this forum. I am from India. I have a question , is it mandatory to have military experience to work with SRCA, because in India military service is not compulsary, so I don't have military experience.

Regards

SRCA employees on this thread have said military experience will HURT you in another country. so it is good you dont have it

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Just because you have worked through the phone interviews and were sent a contract does NOT mean you will absolutely have a job once you arrive! They bring several canidates over will just over half retaining employement. Good luck to all i hope you all done your homework and have acually talked to AA employees who have stayed after arriving.

only half retain employment? Where did you get those stats?

Hoppymedic

Forum Crew Member
here is the only problem i may have with that schulz, i was a military medevac guy so most of my time in the air has been with the military, so in order for that to count i have to mention it

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I think its screwed up myself, I was 6 years Army infantry... and what I find thats most stupid about it is that almost every country in the world REQUIRES that you serve some time in there military... so I just dont understand why it counts against you so much?

dtrojan07

Forum Crew Member
Hi

Hello I am new to this Forum and very interested in this.. I have got my VISA and all approved and ready to deploy! NOW the nail biting starts...Any advise for anyone already over there would be greatly appreciated?
Thank you

dtrojan07

Forum Crew Member
I was suppose to go to Kuwait with CHS but the security clearance got my friend and I tied up in months of red tape and problems.
Just a quick note about CHS and the DOD sf-86..CHS is working those guys and girls 72hr shifts and 24 off with NO overtime payment..they are working BLS..They have also renigged and many things including the bonus and have re wrote their contract accodingly..people are not getting their vacataions approved to go home for their 30 days..moral is in the dumps...alot of the medic were supposed to go to afgan from kuwait now they are not and are being told they with stay in kuwait..

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Military experience

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoppymedic

Forum Crew Member
how is it going travis.... U finding thigs ok... saw the pics of the bird she looks nice... hope all is well

Status
Not open for further replies.