Saudi Red Crescent Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhmedAlmaziad

Forum Probie
Well I see that this mess has ended up in a mess of a thread with name calling and finger pointing. I think it is about time that I give my side. As most of you know, I was the Chief Flight Medic for the program. I am the one who recruited, hired, supported, and enjoyed working with the Flight Medics. I was not part of the "Operations Management" team, although now I think we should have been! AA was sailing along and had done the impossible by setting up the service within such a short time. This is a big pat on the back for the AA TEAM. We got little help from SRCA during this and it was like pulling teeth to get anything from them. We had limited supplies and several other challenges that we overcame to start and operate the service successfully.

Somewhere along the line people came into the picture and CEO's where changed. People like Bill (not sure what he did other than get insurance for 29days) Dr. Rashid and his team. This is where the rumors fly about who did what and who didn't do what. I am not getting in this mud pit.

What I will do is tell you that I was asked to resign on March 23rd by Bill and Will for rumors that I was recruiting for the SRCA and that I had received a contract with them. That was totally UNTRUE!!! I did give Ahmed all the CV's for the flight paramedics when he asked for them as I knew that it was only a short time until AA was out of business. I did this as a manager and friend to my employees so that they might have a chance of keeping paying work. In the end, the SRCA decided not to contract with anyone from AA. This is their right but I was trying to lookout for my guys. I was just trying to give my guys options.

As for the rest of the story, well as Ahmed states it is history and only time will tell if we get our money from Action Aviation. I personally blame AA for not holding up their end of the contract.

So the moral of the story, nothing is ever guaranteed as I told every medic I hired personally, this is fantasy land so live it for each day as tomorrow they might send you home!!

Cheers,
Jay

I agree that because of the previous management as you all know the project was facing obsticles in even setting up the basics. Engineer Mostafa was being the controler over even Dr. M in this set up. I remember giving him a request for some basic computer supplies for the operation and he kept it in his drower for months until Dr. M gave Saher petty cash and bought the nessecary needs.

NJFLGHTMDC

Forum Crew Member
To Ahmed

Ahmed, The Medevac got into service as early as it did because of Action Aviation. The number of flight medics that were processed and working by the SRCA was only about 5. Action brought over 22 Flight Medics, and staffed the ships months before your SRCA hired medics were ready to FLY. If you did have all 6 ships inservice how much longer would it take to processes 22 people. There were medics that I worked with that applied over a year before they were over there with action, and they never heard anything from SRCA recruiting. I doubt that the service would have been flying sooner if it was left to the current pace of processing.
Whether you paid your crews or Action Aviations the truth is you would not be flying at this point using your 5 people as slave labor. That is unsafe and when accidents happen.
So in sense what I am saying is yes you are responsible for paying us, even if it were through Hamish. You cant pay us? And then deduct it from what he owes you. I would consider the month even, at the rate you pay your flight medics now. Something is better than nothing,

gutrathatcrashed

Forum Ride Along
SRCA EMTs

It seems that another direct hire western Flight Medic may have done a runner in the past few days. Why would people do this for such a good employer!!!
How many is this now???

Flight Med

Forum Probie
At this time...I encourage a representative from both organizations to state their cases with 100 percent truth. I may not know all the details, however I know the consequences I have suffered both personally and professionally.

AhmedAlmaziad

Forum Probie
We have a saying here:

Whatever you cannot reach with your hand, reach it with your leg. That means (keep barking at the wrong tree) and we will move on.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. I don't live in Saudi Arabia so you can't reach me with hand or leg. So are you going to come to the US and do what? Cause an international incident? Not wise my friend. The US Embassy wouldn't be able to give you cover on that one like they do in Saudi Arabia. Oil producing companies and countries are kind of on the down turn in the US public eyes right know. And probably for many years to come as the gulf sates coast line become coated with oil. I would also add caution to any action at that level because now I have to prepare for that. And this is my country not yours.

Now that we [The guys that didn't get paid] have your attention when can we expect payment for our work and all of our troubles. I noticed that you stated we were 30% overpaid and had transportation and hotel accommodations provided. The offered pay was barely worth it and if you take away the transportation and hotel accommodations no body would come. So I can take from that, you want cheap inexperienced paramedics to fly around in a helicopter without narcotics or paralytics or the correct equipment to operate and do what. As I have said before, I have been flying well over a decade, and to live long enough to do that in a HEMS program means I know and understand the risks and dangers. If you put a bunch of inexperienced crew on your helo's you will plant have of them in six months. Cheap Charley is not a good idea. SRCA has been very fortunate up to this point,however if this story ever gets into the 24 hour news circuit it's going to be a bad day. Especially if there is a crash,because all of this chatter in the different forums becomes very animated. I have a suggestion for you. It sounds like you went to western schools. If you had an acquaintance in the west that could have some one oblivious to all of this SRCA/Action Aviation controversy to just read what has been said and report their opinion back to you. That could give you a feel for public opinion and how to deal with a helo crash where crew members are killed.
We worked in your country and we helped several people for the short period that we were there. For the Saudi government to respond the way that they have is very unfortunate not only for the HEMS operators,but for the Saudi people.

wait a minute here.

I don't know how to explain more about this. I even mentioned an American saying that goes with ours (barking at the wrong tree) (shooting bullets hoping one will hit) What you are doing is barking at the wrong tree. Whatever happens between SRCA and AA shouldn't implicate you and prevent you guysfrom getting paid as AA was over paid as per Hamish him self. I have a document from him stating that after a selly breakdown to the 24 millions he still owes us 12 millions. Now, why didn't this cover your salery? you have to ask HH about this.

As for the benefits that flight medics receive in SRCA:
1. Basic Salery
2. Appropriate Housing or Housing Allowance. (whichever you prefer)
3. Transportation Allowance.
4. some other allowances mentioned in the job offer.

while AA was promising you guys without any mutual agreement with SRCA:
1. Monthly Salery
2. Housing in a western compound like Arizona or 5 star hotel.
3. Transportation (a car full of fuel and/or a driver)
4. Private made
5. Free high internet
6. Free food
7. Free laundry
8. Free free free and to be paid by SRCA which is an institution in the largest oil producer in the world and don't know how to spend money!!

Come man, be realistic. now I agree with you that Cheap Charley is not a good idea in a new project with potentials, but also we don't live in Paris Hilton's world. SRCA spent a lot of money in this project and didn't benefit from it because of AA mismanagement.

We (the people of Saudi Arabia) appreciate very very much your help and like I said before, we are unhappy that you had to leave the project because of non payment of salery from AA. The government has nothing to do with it. SRCA stopped paying AA because they were over paid.

AhmedAlmaziad

Forum Probie
Ahmed, The Medevac got into service as early as it did because of Action Aviation. The number of flight medics that were processed and working by the SRCA was only about 5. Action brought over 22 Flight Medics, and staffed the ships months before your SRCA hired medics were ready to FLY. If you did have all 6 ships inservice how much longer would it take to processes 22 people. There were medics that I worked with that applied over a year before they were over there with action, and they never heard anything from SRCA recruiting. I doubt that the service would have been flying sooner if it was left to the current pace of processing.
Whether you paid your crews or Action Aviations the truth is you would not be flying at this point using your 5 people as slave labor. That is unsafe and when accidents happen.
So in sense what I am saying is yes you are responsible for paying us, even if it were through Hamish. You cant pay us? And then deduct it from what he owes you. I would consider the month even, at the rate you pay your flight medics now. Something is better than nothing,

Yes, AA hired 22 Medics in a short period. By the way, I applied for your Governement Visit Visa because I was told to do so.
This process didn't take more than a week to get you here, but you know that you have to go for a visa run every now and then. You can't open a bank account, no driving license, no other benefits. It's stated in your visa that you weren't permitted to work and you even can't ask for you salery because you weren't permitted to work. I'm sure you know this already.

The other process will give you all benefits above even though it takes a longer period to get it.

I understand your feeling and that's was why you call our pro paramedics (slaves) I would leave this to one of them who is a member of this website to reply to you.

gutrathatcrashed

Forum Ride Along
Action Impact

I am just sitting here in my desert villa tonight looking over some of the Action Impact and Helicopter Safety Footage. The quality and the creativity of the graphics is outstanding. I have heard from many people within KSA that have seen this stuff and think its sensational. Such a pity that its all been screwed up and so much money wasted.

On a slightly brighter note there is a slight rumor getting around that 2 very large organizations within KSA are looking at this situation and have seen all this creative work and the MD902s in action (pardon the pun). These organizations have little respect for SRCA.

It must be kept in mind that this latest in a long line of screw ups by the SRCA over the years does not represent the work of other health care organizations in this country. There are many other organizations that provide a high standard of EMS and emergency health care. They pay reasonable salary, decent housing. great equipment and will not change your contract after you are in country. SRCA should not be a poster boy outfit for EMS in this country

If SRCA cant do this right then another outfit may.

HubblyBubbly

Forum Probie
I'm very much interested in getting more information about your case so please email me and I will find out what went wrong and if SRCA owes you money I will get it for you. so please through an email to: ahmedalmaziad@gmail.com

Mr Ahmed I am still interested in who you are and what your position is in the SRCA? I am not going to waste my time emailing to someone who has no authority to actually get the money.

AhmedAlmaziad

Forum Probie
I am just sitting here in my desert villa tonight looking over some of the Action Impact and Helicopter Safety Footage. The quality and the creativity of the graphics is outstanding. I have heard from many people within KSA that have seen this stuff and think its sensational. Such a pity that its all been screwed up and so much money wasted.

On a slightly brighter note there is a slight rumor getting around that 2 very large organizations within KSA are looking at this situation and have seen all this creative work and the MD902s in action (pardon the pun). These organizations have little respect for SRCA.

It must be kept in mind that this latest in a long line of screw ups by the SRCA over the years does not represent the work of other health care organizations in this country. There are many other organizations that provide a high standard of EMS and emergency health care. They pay reasonable salary, decent housing. great equipment and will not change your contract after you are in country. SRCA should not be a poster boy outfit for EMS in this country

If SRCA cant do this right then another outfit may.

Blah Blah Blah

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Mr. Ahmed, you have now lost all credibility.

You came to present the other side, yet you can not identify yourself when asked.

You then respond to a post as blah blah blah.

Unprofessional with a hint of deception = no credibility

HubblyBubbly

Forum Probie
Mr. Ahmed, you have now lost all credibility.

You came to present the other side, yet you can not identify yourself when asked.

You then respond to a post as blah blah blah.

Unprofessional with a hint of deception = no credibility

Well said AKflightmedic.

I have a feeling this guy is a combination of several devious minds and not one lone employee of the SRCA.

If Mr Ahmed you have any credibility you would state who you are, what your position and authority is, and what your real aim is?

My email address has not changed as is well known in the SRCA. Maybe you email me?

I am not wasting my time as every foreigner that reads the posts and decides not to seek employment with the SRCA is a win for all those ones that got screwed.

AhmedAlmaziad

Forum Probie
Well said AKflightmedic.

I have a feeling this guy is a combination of several devious minds and not one lone employee of the SRCA.

If Mr Ahmed you have any credibility you would state who you are, what your position and authority is, and what your real aim is?

My email address has not changed as is well known in the SRCA. Maybe you email me?

I am not wasting my time as every foreigner that reads the posts and decides not to seek employment with the SRCA is a win for all those ones that got screwed.

I already identified my self when I registered in this website. I put my real name here. What is important here is for you to prove that SRCA owes you money.

Why are you so interested in my position? Do you want your money or my position?

You are the one saying that SRCA owes you money! I didn't ask for your bank account, all I asked is to email me with your side of the story and the amount of money you think SRCA owes you. You want your money you email me, I am not gonna email you. You have to reach to get answers not wait for answers to come to you Mr.

One more thing when you say "I am not wasting my time as every foreigner that reads the posts...etc." that just shows how full of hate you are. Good luck living the rest of your life like this.

As for akflightmedic,

I responded to Bubbly as his posts were just as rediculous as yours , (I've heard many people)(there's a slight rumor), so Blah Blah Blah is what I understood from this post. You don't have anything sensational and you don't want to email to get answers to your queries. so go ahead keep barking...

2easy4u

Forum Crew Member
To the People of Saudi Arabia,Your Welcome

wait a minute here.

I don't know how to explain more about this. I even mentioned an American saying that goes with ours (barking at the wrong tree) (shooting bullets hoping one will hit) What you are doing is barking at the wrong tree. Whatever happens between SRCA and AA shouldn't implicate you and prevent you guysfrom getting paid as AA was over paid as per Hamish him self. I have a document from him stating that after a selly breakdown to the 24 millions he still owes us 12 millions. Now, why didn't this cover your salery? you have to ask HH about this.

As for the benefits that flight medics receive in SRCA:
1. Basic Salery
2. Appropriate Housing or Housing Allowance. (whichever you prefer)
3. Transportation Allowance.
4. some other allowances mentioned in the job offer.

while AA was promising you guys without any mutual agreement with SRCA:
1. Monthly Salery
2. Housing in a western compound like Arizona or 5 star hotel.
3. Transportation (a car full of fuel and/or a driver)
4. Private made
5. Free high internet
6. Free food
7. Free laundry
8. Free free free and to be paid by SRCA which is an institution in the largest oil producer in the world and don't know how to spend money!!

Come man, be realistic. now I agree with you that Cheap Charley is not a good idea in a new project with potentials, but also we don't live in Paris Hilton's world. SRCA spent a lot of money in this project and didn't benefit from it because of AA mismanagement.

We (the people of Saudi Arabia) appreciate very very much your help and like I said before, we are unhappy that you had to leave the project because of non payment of salery from AA. The government has nothing to do with it. SRCA stopped paying AA because they were over paid.

I suppose that is your argument. That the SRCA wanted AA to provide western flight medics in a hurry because SRCA was unable to man the ships in a short time. And now SRCA wants to pay for a golf cart after the Cadillac was delivered. We also have a saying in the US. " Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining".

goatlab

Forum Probie
A little confusing

I already identified my self when I registered in this website. I put my real name here. What is important here is for you to prove that SRCA owes you money.

Why are you so interested in my position? Do you want your money or my position?

[FONT="Arial Black"]Yes, you provided your name and email address. However, the email address is to a personal account and not one of the SRCA. That maybe want is confusing to people. I think people want to know is what exactly is your position within the SRCA and do you have authority to approve pay? [/FONT]

You are the one saying that SRCA owes you money! I didn't ask for your bank account, all I asked is to email me with your side of the story and the amount of money you think SRCA owes you. You want your money you email me, I am not gonna email you. You have to reach to get answers not wait for answers to come to you Mr.

One more thing when you say "I am not wasting my time as every foreigner that reads the posts...etc." that just shows how full of hate you are. Good luck living the rest of your life like this.

As for akflightmedic,

I responded to Bubbly as his posts were just as rediculous as yours , (I've heard many people)(there's a slight rumor), so Blah Blah Blah is what I understood from this post. You don't have anything sensational and you don't want to email to get answers to your queries. so go ahead keep barking...

As a 3th party observer here, I have to say I feel more hatred coming from you MR. Ahmed. Let me explain - thus far you are the only one who have called people name, ie, idiot, butthead, etc. What I sense from others is frustration.
Take it for what it's worth, just an observation.
Frankly, you now have me curious as to what your role is within the SRCA and the HEMS opns.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
another 3rd party observer.

usually when 2 people have opposing perspective, the truth is somewhere near the middle.

I have to say though, as an expat myself, I am smart enough to stay out of countries like Saudi.

Look at this situation:

Saudi is not a modern country, it is a nation and culture that hasn't moved past despotism in the middle ages. A major part of their very culture is antiwesternism. They have a lot of money and think they can simply "buy" their way into the modern world. Rather they want to buy the appearance of being modern.

I met a Saudi expat who wanted to play the guitar, so he went down to the music store and bought the most expensive one available. 3 weeks later when he wasn't Jimi Hendrix II he gave up and sold it at a fraction of what he paid. That is what you are dealing with.

If you were ever involved in setting up an EMS system from nothing before you should realize that success is very small victories. You don't just show up and things are how you want.

So a group of westerners thought they were going to go to Saudi, make a bunch of money and work in a dream environment? You complain of your treatment from a culture that is the antithesis of yours? Did you think you were going to go there and be treated well or even fair?

When you got there and your passport was taken and/or you needed an exit visa did you realize your freedom to move (ie: escape) was virtually nothing?

Did you call the Embassy and ask questions before you went? (or even look at the webpage on Saudi) did you visit the country prior to agreeing to move there? Did you have a lawyer specializing in their laws and customs review your contract? (not that it matters since you have no rights as a non citizen.) Did you see how they treat their own people and think you would be treated better?

When one agency couldn't do in 22 days what was being done by another in 5did it seem too good to be true? Was what they were offering you in compensation too good to be true?

Often you will find when something is too good to be true, it is not true.

When in less developed nations than the West did it occur to your that the margin of acceptable danger and losses was not the same as in the West?

Did it occur to you they would rather lose 1000 or more of you to one of their own?

Did it occur to you that in less developed nations, the natives live by the rule looking out for themselves and getting ahead by any means neccesary?

When the word of what is going on got out somebody over in Saudi needed to save face. They started replying to the posts here. He or They probably have no intention of helping you. It looks like a front.

If you worked for a contractor, then your contractor owes you money, SRCA or the Saudi govt. doesn't owe you anything. subcontractors in the US are notorious for ripping off people.

There is also no shortage of American companies, contractors, or experts going abroad and ripping people off. Especially in that part of the world. You think the Saudis ripped you off. They think (probably rightly so) the contractor ripped them off an nobody is going to give any ground to the other.

All this back and forth is just sour grapes. You got ripped off. You are lucky to have managed to make it out of there at all. Learn from it, don't repeat the mistakes. if you feel altruistic warn others not to make your mistakes.

It's over and you are not getting your money, whether it is owed to you or not. (If you were hired by AA it looks to me like AA owes you the money, best of luck getting it from them.)

Being called an infidel could almost be a compliment. Most Central Asian's
refer to westerners as "cockroaches." How do you treat a cockroach?

This is almost as dumb as that 17 year old girl killed in Aruba. Clearly she didn't know enough or have the skills to survive in a foreign land. The world is not one big America. The rules are not the same.

It's probably good less than 20% of Americans have a passport.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I have to say though, as an expat myself, I am smart enough to stay out of countries like Saudi.

The best statement of the entire thread!

I second this thought wholeheartedly.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned about life, culture, and humility. Never gamble with more than you are willing to lose and always know the players at the table.

I wish the best of luck to all involved.............................

2easy4u

Forum Crew Member
All good points.

usually when 2 people have opposing perspective, the truth is somewhere near the middle.

Look at this situation:

Saudi is not a modern country, it is a nation and culture that hasn't moved past despotism in the middle ages. A major part of their very culture is antiwesternism. They have a lot of money and think they can simply "buy" their way into the modern world. Rather they want to buy the appearance of being modern.

I met a Saudi expat who wanted to play the guitar, so he went down to the music store and bought the most expensive one available. 3 weeks later when he wasn't Jimi Hendrix II he gave up and sold it at a fraction of what he paid. That is what you are dealing with.

If you were ever involved in setting up an EMS system from nothing before you should realize that success is very small victories. You don't just show up and things are how you want.

So a group of westerners thought they were going to go to Saudi, make a bunch of money and work in a dream environment? You complain of your treatment from a culture that is the antithesis of yours? Did you think you were going to go there and be treated well or even fair?

When you got there and your passport was taken and/or you needed an exit visa did you realize your freedom to move (ie: escape) was virtually nothing?

Did you call the Embassy and ask questions before you went? (or even look at the webpage on Saudi) did you visit the country prior to agreeing to move there? Did you have a lawyer specializing in their laws and customs review your contract? (not that it matters since you have no rights as a non citizen.) Did you see how they treat their own people and think you would be treated better?

When one agency couldn't do in 22 days what was being done by another in 5did it seem too good to be true? Was what they were offering you in compensation too good to be true?

Often you will find when something is too good to be true, it is not true.

When in less developed nations than the West did it occur to your that the margin of acceptable danger and losses was not the same as in the West?

Did it occur to you they would rather lose 1000 or more of you to one of their own?

Did it occur to you that in less developed nations, the natives live by the rule looking out for themselves and getting ahead by any means neccesary?

When the word of what is going on got out somebody over in Saudi needed to save face. They started replying to the posts here. He or They probably have no intention of helping you. It looks like a front.

If you worked for a contractor, then your contractor owes you money, SRCA or the Saudi govt. doesn't owe you anything. subcontractors in the US are notorious for ripping off people.

There is also no shortage of American companies, contractors, or experts going abroad and ripping people off. Especially in that part of the world. You think the Saudis ripped you off. They think (probably rightly so) the contractor ripped them off an nobody is going to give any ground to the other.

All this back and forth is just sour grapes. You got ripped off. You are lucky to have managed to make it out of there at all. Learn from it, don't repeat the mistakes. if you feel altruistic warn others not to make your mistakes.

It's over and you are not getting your money, whether it is owed to you or not. (If you were hired by AA it looks to me like AA owes you the money, best of luck getting it from them.)

Being called an infidel could almost be a compliment. Most Central Asian's
refer to westerners as "cockroaches." How do you treat a cockroach?

This is almost as dumb as that 17 year old girl killed in Aruba. Clearly she didn't know enough or have the skills to survive in a foreign land. The world is not one big America. The rules are not the same.

I suppose many of us were interested in helping to establish a valuable service to the people of Saudi Arabia. The money was okay,but not fabulous. I did read the warning from the web page. However there was no other information that I found that lead me to believe that the Saudi government was not serious about solving the high trauma death rate in their country. My goal on these forums is to get the word out to other folks that believe the recruiting lines of the SRCA. Unless we tell the story people keep going into a trap. If I had half of the information on this thread I would not have gone for five or even ten times the money. When I responded to an emergency my attention was on safety and my patient and how I can help them. Everything else I didn't worry about. I had no visions of grandeur, just visions of building something that would help people. I guess that was my mistake. I can live with that and have no shame when I shave that guy looking back at me in the mirror every morning. I can't live with not warning people! Thanks for your post and thoughts because it will give others more to consider before they make a decision to go or stay home.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I had no visions of grandeur, just visions of building something that would help people. I guess that was my mistake.

The only thing the powers that be is Saudi care about is remaining the powers that be. (it comes with a rather lavish income)

If they have to spend a few million and sacrifice a few westerners to pretend like they actually care about people in addition to telling everyone the reason the average guy in the country has so little is because the west takes it all and use religion to brainwash or crush any dissenters, that is just the price of doing business.

It is how they keep the massess from showing up at the palace with ropes, torches, and pitchforks demanding to no longer live in poverty or oppression.

If you seriously think they care about their word, honor, life, or any other western value, you are very mistaken.

Another good resource that can teach you about what you are potentially getting yourself into is the anthropology dept. at your local college.

HubblyBubbly

Forum Probie

QUOTE]

Mr Ahmed,

You came on this forum to give another view? But you wont answer a simple question. You offered to look into the case of whether I am owed any money although you dont state what job you have in the SRCA so why should I or anyone else waste time sending you private details. For all I know you could be the office tea boy. I can give you some relief that your position does not interest me one bit.

If you want to know what is owed go through the payroll figures and see what my salary was and how much was deducted on several occassions. Or do you not have access to this information? And to be honest I know I will never see the money and am not holding my breath waiting for it!

Dont worry Mr Ahmed, my hatred is not for the good Saudi people that mean well and i call friends. It is for the ones that were to scared to answer a phone call, an email or open their office door as they prefered to hide and not have to justify thier actions.

If you are so cosy with Dr Rashied ask him why he didn't have the balls (an Australian saying) to contact me directly and explain to me why my contract was not being renewed? Why could he not as a professional manager sit face to face and give me the courtesy? I saw it many times when Saudis do not want to answer anything they hide put up a barrier and will not face you and admit any wrong doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.