Saudi Red Crescent Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
Application Withdraw from the SRCA

After my final communication to the SRCA I did get a response. I have simply decided, after much research and consideration, that I would withdraw my application to provide EMS in the KSA. Here is my final commo with HR.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for applying for the SRCA. I think there's a misunderstanding here , allow me please to explain some points if you don't mind:

We really took your file and your documents seriously, you are one of the good candidates who applied for the SRCA. But the only thing that was holding the process was your certificate, It's not acceptable for the Saudi Health council, which is the authority that has the privilege to approve any medical certificate for any person who seeks job in Saudi Arabia. It would be very simple if you just brought a paper from that academy certify that this is a Paramedic diploma. But maybe it was for the best.

We wish you the very best future.

Sincerely yours,

And I replied:

Ms. Rasha,

You are absolutely right. Your health council must confirm that all documents are valid, I completely understand. After 4 months of pre-employment document gathering and research into the KSA's EMS project, I have simply decided that it would be best for me to withdraw my application.

Thank you for all your time given to my consideration of employment and good luck with the noble cause of providing EMS' in the KSA. You have a well stated goal for the emergency health of your citizens and I will be keeping in touch with EMS professionals whom I have become friends with to check on their progress.

Respectfully,

Bryan Brouhard

NJFLGHTMDC

Forum Crew Member
sounds familiar alekins

Yes, we have been warned. Yes, there is an ugly truth. No, SRCA isn't perfect. Some of us MAKE it a great time. We are too busy to be negative. We are not all lambs to the slaughter, as some would seem to believe. Some of us came here with middle eastern experience and knew what to expect. Others maybe not...
Just quoting on of your first statements as in you didnt want to take the warning! lol

pFox

Forum Ride Along
That's the point of what a lot of sincere concerned expats that had worked in Saudi were trying to get across to people who wanted to go and work there.

It was simply a very strong desire to alert people to the reality of what it's really like to work there and deal with managements that have no scruples or ethics.

It's sad to see people learning about it the hard way and getting screwed over big time when you get there after spending a small fortune and jumping through so many hoops.

Sure there are many terrific Saudi's you'll meet, but at the end of the day you are a foreigner and they are Muslim Saudis. They are always right even when they are so blatantly wrong.

In Australia, there is a push by recruitment agencies to get paramedics to work over there. I hope they are watching this site and taking note of what has happened to people who have gone.

alelkins

Forum Crew Member
Warning...

Just quoting on of your first statements as in you didnt want to take the warning! lol

I took your warning, as well as everyone elses. I also read everything I could find on the matter, then made as informed a decision as I could at the time based on available intel. There is no substitute for personal experience, however. Regardless, I stand by my decision to come here based on the information I had at that time. Additionally, I am here now and am making it a positive experience. I am making some of the best money of my career, learning much about another culture, traveling, and making new friends. I have seen and done things most others never even dream of. One simply has to come to terms with the fact that everything here is subject to change on a whim. I have a better understanding of how and why the SRCA and KSA operates in general which is helping me adapt. When in Rome...

goatlab

Forum Probie
Hems

Just curious, has the HEMS program started flying with the new contractor? Whatever happen to the AA helicopter that was left on the hospital pad ?

alelkins

Forum Crew Member
Hems

AA's MD 902 was still on the pad as of two days ago. Abu Dahbi Aviation is supposed to be providing 12 aircraft total on initial contract. 3, then 3, then 6. Rumors are we'll take first delivery within 3 weeks...inshallah...

SRCA

Forum Ride Along
SRCA PR Manager

Dear All,

My name is Fahd Aljuraid the PR Manager for Saudi Red Crescent Authority Self Operation Program's International Recruitment Department. I would like to express that we are working on correcting the mistakes of previous management to ensure that our expats will receive the most accurate information possible in regards to any and all situations. We are currently retooling our website and would like you to visit it to see the information we are putting on our page. We are listening to our expat EMT's for their honest and critical feedback in order to improve the services we are offering to them as well as the citizens of Saudi Arabia. We plan on uploading a pre-orientation packet as to what is needed and what to expect before you arrive to Saudi Arabia and Orientation Arrival packet that will enable new employees to find their way around Riyadh and the Kingdom. Our goal at SRCA is to be able to allow are expat employees a smooth transition process into the Kingdom and the ability to enjoy their off-time while they are here. We at the Saudi Red Crescent Authority want nothing more than to prove to you the expat our commitment to creating a better EMT service for the Kingdom and a partnership with you the expat in developing our young Saudi EMT's. Please exercise patience with our dedicated CEO Dr. Rasheed Al-Eid and employees of the Self Operation Program as we try to build a solid foundation for the present and the future of the EMT service of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I urge you to send me any and all emails regarding any questions or concerns you have in regards to coming to the Kingdom or applying to the Saudi Red Crescent or any company for that matter in the Kingdom as I want you the expat to know that there is an open line of communication ready to hear your concerns. My email is (email address removed).

best regards,

Fahd Aljuraid

Last edited by a moderator:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
This thread has run its course. We've had a multitude of people contribute to this thread, and hopefully it provides some insight into working with the Saudi Red Crescent Authority.

I'm going to close this thread, though you are welcome to start a new thread only if you have questions or new and relevant information directly related your experiences to the SCRA.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This thread has run its course. We've had a multitude of people contribute to this thread, and hopefully it provides some insight into working with the Saudi Red Crescent Authority.

I'm going to close this thread, though you are welcome to start a new thread only if you have questions or new and relevant information directly related your experiences to the SCRA.
Quoted and highlighted for emphasis.

Status
Not open for further replies.