SAM Splints

zacdav89

Forum Crew Member
i've seen the sam splint used as a for c spine and it works well in the absents of a actual c-collar. great for wildernes stuff as said above, i have 3 i pack in my SAR kit.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
SAM splint

The SAM folks seem very helpful, email 'em and they may have more stuff for you.
I posted earlier that I tried the SAM C collar on myself, and it worked wonderfully, but as with any SAM application it has to be done right and in the C collar case it is a custom application. After use I use a rolling pin to get the wrinkles back out. I've actually used the splint on patients twice, once on an abducted shoulder dislocation (not common), and once as a volar splint for a Colles fracture. With enough Medirip (cheap better cousin of Coban) it works like a charm and no tape goo.
It's a cast iron b#*ch to get people to learn how to use it properly, though. I suggest letting them play with it, lots of trial and error.

zacdav89

Forum Crew Member
yea but it becomes a great adatable tool for an ever changing job site. i love using them

OP
OP
Jango

Jango

Forum Crew Member
They are quite nice, in the military we use them ALOT.....I just don't have any pics of them that are worth a damn...

EMT192229

Forum Probie
trolleyed_public.cgi
http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/OperationalMedicine/DATA/operationalmed/MOLLEBag/SAMSplint.htm

these are some of the pics i found when i checked the web, i hope they help you out