Rural Metro buffalo NY

get_there_or_die_trying

Forum Ride Along
Hey every one, I wanted to know if any one can give me some info on Rural Metro Buffalo NY I have an application in already and spoke to the "education dept" but what i want to know is, how is the Company in-general? Equipment, rigs, uniform ect. I know there will be some nay sayers however i am no stranger to the drama that is EMS. any incite will be appreciated
Thanks!

sir.shocksalot

Forum Captain
I can't speak to Rural/Metro Buffalo. But I will say that as an overall company, I was very satisfied with Rural/Metro vs other Anonymous Medical Responding companies. I think Buffalo is one of the few Rural/Metro locations that still uses Vambulances, although most of the rest of the company uses Mods. I just got the overall feeling from rural/metro that I was appreciated as an employee; more than a number sent to retrieve numbers from hospitals, so that the company could make more numbers.

OP
OP
G

get_there_or_die_trying

Forum Ride Along
Thanks Shocks, are you with RM in Denver? i lived in the springs for a while. What I really would like to do is get on with a Tac-med team but I'm not sure if RM Buffalo has one. I know Rochester does, it just sucks cause a lot of the PD's are going in house and taking away all of our fun!

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
As a member of a R/M area I would have to say that for the most part I agree with Shocks. I have had the occasional supervisor that thought we were numbers to get numbers to make numbers but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Now for a slight slap on the wrist and do not take this as anything more than that ....totally wrong section mate.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Thread moved to the Employment section.