Ridiculous question about wallets :-)

JWalters

Forum Crew Member
More for the other women out there, but one of you guys might have a good suggestion for me as well.

I'm going to preface this with the fact that I do not carry a purse, I never really have. I have a wallet that is a BIG wallet...rectangular, bunch of pockets, all that jazz. So the obvious answer of use a small wallet and throw it in your purse at the end of shift will not work.

It occurred to me today that it is impractical to keep slipping my card/license out of my regular wallet to keep in my pocket and also they aren't really too secure that way. I'm looking for a suggestion of a decent, thin wallet that I could use for daily use as well.....because the only thing worse than lose cards jingling around in my pocket would be switching wallets numerous times a day. That's just stupid.

Figuring that some of the other women may have a similar issue...or maybe not, but it doesn't hurt to ask. What's a good solution?

Kevinf

Forum Captain
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/...ets-money-clips/mens-wallets-money-clips.aspx

They've got a few "smallets", pricey but high quality. I've been using the polyester "smallet" for some time now and it's still in like new shape. I keep my all work related cards on a retractable holder (CPR, Nat Reg, State Cert, Company ID, facility RFID badges).

There's also Amazon of course...

That said, I keep a backpack with me with lots of stuff in it. No reason your tank wallet couldn't fit in a backpack :)

Angel

Paramedic
i use a business card holder. there are some like this
41UPRzHZMPL.jpg

or
61NYlFdZ6jL._UX522_.jpg

in my 511 and most other work pants, in the side thigh pocket, theres another smaller pocket that will fit these wallets perfect. I dont like wallets in my rear pockets (ever) so it works out good both this can be found on amazon ~$25, not sure about quality since i dont use either brand.

41UPRzHZMPL.jpg

or
61NYlFdZ6jL._UX522_.jpg

in my 511 and most other work pants, in the side thigh pocket, theres another smaller pocket that will fit these wallets perfect. I dont like wallets in my rear pockets (ever) so it works out good both this can be found on amazon ~$25, not sure about quality since i dont use either brand.
How much cash can you fit in that business card holder @Angel? I'm getting tired of sitting on my wallet as well, however I don't have the luxury of wearing 5.11's at work. :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JWalters

Forum Crew Member
41UPRzHZMPL.jpg

or
61NYlFdZ6jL._UX522_.jpg

I like this! Yeah, the other part of it was I don't care for a wallet in my back pockets either so this would work well.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
I'm not a girl but I will chime in.

I hate hate hate carrying a wallet. Consequently I have three: one for cert type cards that stays in the backpack, one with all the cards I never use in the lockbox at home, and a sweet little business card holder similar to this: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Green-Guru-Id...in-Credit-Card-Case-Bicycle-New-/330946971113

I keep my license, debit card and one credit card in there, and maybe a subway pass or parking pass or whatever. Cash, what little I have, goes into a money clip.

Before I got this little guy I would fold cash around the debit card and wrap a hair tie or rubber band around it...like I said I hate carrying a wallet. I can't wait till Google comes out with some implantable rfid chip.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
More often than I care to admit, I didn't bring my wallet with me. I do, however, scan all my certifications and ID and left a copy in my dropbox, so if someone important asked me for my ID, I can pull it up on my phone.

I also took a photocopy of my drivers license, CPR card and certification, and kept it behind my work ID, in case someone wanted a "physical" copy.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
More often than I care to admit, I didn't bring my wallet with me. I do, however, scan all my certifications and ID and left a copy in my dropbox, so if someone important asked me for my ID, I can pull it up on my phone.

I also took a photocopy of my drivers license, CPR card and certification, and kept it behind my work ID, in case someone wanted a "physical" copy.
I did this with my google drive. I can pull them up on my phone almost anywhere. I have my passport, dl, and all my cards saved

OP
OP
J

JWalters

Forum Crew Member
Just stuff it in your bra

Thank you. Now that we got that out of the way......

There are some good suggestions here. I did find a thin wallet/biz card thing on amazon that I kinda liked. Never thought about putting it in the pocket that is designed for it haha so that might be what I go with.

I have images on my phone as well, but I am pretty sure here that we need to have a hard copy on us as well, at least of the DL.

Angel

Paramedic
I don't know about copies...I do have my med examiners shrunken and copied in my wallet, but I know laminating the cards makes them invalid.
Has anyone ever stopped you guys and made a fuss about having scanned certs on your phone?
That seems like a nice solution to keep your wallet not as thick

Angel

Paramedic
How much cash can you fit in that business card holder @Angel? I'm getting tired of sitting on my wallet as well, however I don't have the luxury of wearing 5.11's at work. :(

Not very much actually...maybe 5 bills before it starts to buldge out. Im not sure about the above wallets since the one I use is literally meanr for business cards. I will have to find out for you but there is a supee slim (normal folding) wallet out there that will literally feel like there's nothing in your pocket, my old trainer had it and as soon as his partner got one he noticed the difference

EDIT it is called the big skinny and is on amazon for 25-27$.

Last edited:

usmarine

Forum Ride Along
I'm a dude but I will bite on this one. Since I also am a part time rights oppressor, I carry two wallets, one for cash and normal guy stuff, the other with my shield and ID. It gets to be a bit much though.