repeat question

Camtheman

Forum Probie
Has anyone ever had a question repeat itself on the NREMT exam?
I had one with the same answer options and question wording.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Might be part of the trial item pool where NREMT puts proposed new items into the "wild" to see how they perform. They're not used against or for your score.

just a possibility I suppose.

sweetpete

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, I had a couple repeat questions. I was told they utilize these repeat questions to see test your commitment to your answer. To kinda test your certainty on an answer. I don't know what happens if you choose a different answer the second time.

But I chose the same answer each time and either way, I passed my NREMT at 80 or so questions.

Take care!!

wyomingearth

Forum Probie
repeat questions

I remember having one question 3 times. It was disconcerting and made me question my original answer, but passed at 96 questions. It really annoyed me, I kept wondering if I was wayyy off.

OP
OP
C

Camtheman

Forum Probie
I had my repeat as my last question, reread it a million times, then changed my answer but I passed at 80.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
One cannot have a repeat question... technically impossible; the computer program is set up that way. Now, with that saying and over 3,000 test bank questions.. there is only so many ways one can ask questions over bleeding and airaway.... etc.

So many think they have repeat question; when in reality it may a similar question ...

R/r 911

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
One cannot have a repeat question... technically impossible; the computer program is set up that way. Now, with that saying and over 3,000 test bank questions.. there is only so many ways one can ask questions over bleeding and airaway.... etc.

So many think they have repeat question; when in reality it may a similar question ...

R/r 911

I dont know Rid, I remember very clearly having the exact same Racemic Epinephrine question twice with the 4 exact same answers to choose from. Worded the exact same. But then again I when I took mine, it was during a beta phase testing a bunch of new material and baseline Paramedic education, so im told. Then promptly had like 5 different surveys and tests sent to me in regards to expanded Paramedic scope and Community Paramedicine from the NREMT.

Last edited by a moderator: