Remind me never to get injured in New Jersey!

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
hmmm T-LOW?? Wheres Medic T-Low??? ROFLMAO!!! Now thats GhettoMedic worthy..

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
What I hate is that I can't go there at work.... I'll be at the squad this weekend, perhaps.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
You could always contact the NJ Dept. of Health EMS division...I am sure these people would love to show off their skills before an inspection committee...just so we all can laugh at them when they lose their jobs for not keeping their equipment up and clean...or they dont have their credentials on them...and then there is always the ACLU....:rolleyes:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
FFEMT1764 said:
You could always contact the NJ Dept. of Health EMS division...I am sure these people would love to show off their skills before an inspection committee...just so we all can laugh at them when they lose their jobs for not keeping their equipment up and clean...or they dont have their credentials on them....

Ahhh.... someone else who has worked in Jersey!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
TTLWHKR said:
They banned me for asking too many questions. :p

Yeah... I saw that you no longer seem to have an account.

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
so maybe EMTLife should raid StopUnprofessionalEMS.com and totally wipe them out and make asses out of em... LOL :lol:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
CaptainPanic said:
so maybe EMTLife should raid StopUnprofessionalEMS.com and totally wipe them out and make asses out of em... LOL :lol:

LMAO, they wouldn't last 2 posts from us before they'd tuck tail and run crying home.:rolleyes:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Okay, I know you guys are kidding but I want to get this out in the open to prevent any problems. Please do not go and raid their forum, or on their parade. They are entitled to express their own viewpoints on their website.

The funny thing about this whole situation? They're supposedly committed to stopping unprofessionalism in EMS but they appear to be even more unprofessional than any vollie I've ever met or dealt with, and it shows in their posts.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Wingnut said:
LMAO, they wouldn't last 2 posts from us before they'd tuck tail and run crying home.:rolleyes:
Its been tried. These folks are so visciously hateful that I thank god I live in PA, and have no need to go to Newark, ever!

Thing is, I understand some of their feelings, as I'm currently finishing reading Into the Breach - a book about Newark NJ's VERY poor EMS system... Actually talks about why the providers don't care (you try running 15-20 calls a night on 4 hours sleep) and why they don't get emotional (they "can't afford to"). Also takes a look at the paid/vollie relationship. Many folks might start out as vollies, but they see too much at work - they need to spend the time off AWAY from EMS.

IT is an intresting book, and if the situation in Newark is still anything like what the book describes, I understand where they are coming from, but it is still a black eye for EMS in general.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Thank God I live and work in SC! We have more volunteers here than paid people, and I think they do a great job...and most of them are more professional than any of these Jersey fools. If there is a serious problem with EMS in NJ maybe the USDOT should look into it, since they still currently have the federal oversight duty...until DHS get us, which could be a good thing grant wise.

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
ffemt8978 said:
Okay, I know you guys are kidding but I want to get this out in the open to prevent any problems. Please do not go and raid their forum, or on their parade. They are entitled to express their own viewpoints on their website.

The funny thing about this whole situation? They're supposedly committed to stopping unprofessionalism in EMS but they appear to be even more unprofessional than any vollie I've ever met or dealt with, and it shows in their posts.

I agree with Father EMS! You raid them, they raid us. They have the "right" to "hate" others, that's not why my forefathers died, but that's how people take it these days. As long as they aren't breaking any laws, we are just disagreeing with their opinion. We should stay in our sand box, and leave them in their own. They'll throw too much some day, become blind in a dust storm and choke.. :p

And I doubt they would fold under pressure, they sent me emails threatening to track me down, do something to my wife and animals, hang me by me feet and gut me..

They seem a little violent to be scared off.. After I sent a copy of that to try and get the site shut down, Myspace deleted my account "For my own protection" :rolleyes: .

Last edited by a moderator:

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
They threatened you...hmm now it is an interstate felony- send a copy of it to your local FBI office and state police barracks...I am sure they will be interested in talking to the individuals invovled...

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
People like them will always screw themselves in the end. I never take the time to deal with them because the only person it frustrates is me,and it usually won't phase them at all. In fact, I think they enjoy it.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
And people like that is what makes EMS as a whole look bad. Luckily our states EMS recruitment and retention was at an all time high for 2004-2005 which is a good sign. Also right now there is debate in the state association on whether or not to put out a "recruiting PSA" to get a new class of EMS folks in while there is about to be alot of older EMS veterans retiring in the next 5 years. Im interested in knowing what direction our states EMS is going. Hopefully this is on the rise.

Id be happy if our state started churning out National EMTs and Medics and our state was the example for the rest by having TRULY dedicated EMS workers.

-CP