Religion and the star of life.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Greek mythology was a religion of the ancient greeks.

Exodus is the first book of the Torah. Judiasm predates christianity.

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
Judiasm predates christianity.

Until Jesus decided to form what is today's Catholic Church...

"You are Peter, and on this rock I build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).

JPINFV

Gadfly
Until Jesus decided to form what is today's Catholic Church...

"You are Peter, and on this rock I build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).

So? That does nothing to show that Judiasm predates Christianity. Besides, Jesus was a Jew.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
The Old Testament represents the Holy Jewish book.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
We used Brady 10ed, but the guys at Brady were too cheap to include up to date pictures...therefore we have the 70's style cop cars in the background, along with the handheld radio with the 2-foot antenna... We got some good laughs out of it though.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
We used Brady 10ed, but the guys at Brady were too cheap to include up to date pictures...therefore we have the 70's style cop cars in the background, along with the handheld radio with the 2-foot antenna... We got some good laughs out of it though.

Our ambulances were horse drawn.

Firesurfer75

Forum Probie
Actually the Star of Life serpent has NO association with any religion.

Copied directly from Wikipedia:

There are several different theories as to the origin and development of the rod of Asclepius, any or all of which may have contributed to its development. The symbol is named for an ancient Greek legend, although the legend could be older.

Greek mythology
According to Greek mythology, Asclepius was said to have learned the art of healing from Chiron. He is customarily represented as a surgeon on the ship Argo. Asclepius was so skilled in the medical arts that he was reputed to have brought patients back from the dead. For this he was punished and placed in the heavens as the constellation Ophiuchus (meaning "serpent-bearer"). This constellation lies between Sagittarius and Libra.[2] In early Christianity, the constellation Ophiuchus was associated with Saint Paul holding the Maltese Viper.

"Worm" theory
Some scholars have suggested that the symbol once represented a worm wrapped around a rod; parasitic worms such as the "guinea worm" (Dracunculus medinensis) were common in ancient times, and were extracted from beneath the skin by winding them slowly around a stick. Physicians may have advertised this common service by posting a sign depicting a worm on a rod.[3]

Biblical
A similar symbol, Nehushtan, is mentioned in the Bible in Numbers 21:4–9. Attacked by a plague of snakes in the wilderness, Moses holds up a serpent coiled around a staff, both made from bronze, so that the Israelites might recover from the bites.[4]

Nothing states that EXACTLY where it came from. I prefer the Biblical version personally.