Re: "Paintballers!" thread lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
nomofica

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Yes, we know now. You've vented your disapproval three times in this very thread. You remind me of one of my daughters... won't shut up until she gets her way.

I'm not asking for my "way", but rather a legitimate explanation other than "because this is my site and I can so there, take that".

JPINFV

Gadfly
If we had an off-topic forum, that might work, but we don't have one right now.
Just curious, outside of intro threads, what threads would be appropriate for the lounge that wouldn't be more appropriate in any of the other subforums?

OP
OP
nomofica

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Despite having done is personally, and enjoying the activity, I don't see a connection between EMS and paintball.

In the past 24 hours I've posted threads on the internet related to server optimization, screen printing, and graphic design. None of those were posted at EMTLife, because I didn't see a connection between the topics and EMS. Sure, topics slip through, but I still fail to see how the thread is related to EMS. If we had an off-topic forum, that might work, but we don't have one right now.

Over... and over... and over people speak of a mass exodus and other forums. Participate in other forums! EMTCity, EMS Responder, EMSVillage, JEMS, and many others. EMTLife doesn't charge, doesn't bring in money, and doesn't feed my ego. EMTLife is something that was created several years ago as an outlet for me to connect with others interested in EMS. We are not the EMTLife SuperCenter or the MegaEMTLife catering to every subject in the world. That's why there are a million other forums out there more capable of meeting your needs.

We're EMTLife.

Again, I reiterate the question: where's the connection between EMS and HAM users, or EMS and motorcycles? Isn't a lounge for off-topic conversation? I seem to have been mislead my entire life that a break room was for off-topic conversation.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
I'm not asking for my "way", but rather a legitimate explanation other than "because this is my site and I can so there, take that".

That seems to be a pretty clear and legitimate explanation to me!

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
So.. bringing this back on topic...

As an EMT/Medic how would you treat a Paintball to the testicles from point blank range with no protection?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So.. bringing this back on topic...

As an EMT/Medic how would you treat a Paintball to the testicles from point blank range with no protection?

As long as it's not me but someone else, I'd treat with copious amounts of laughter followed by "Play with pants on next time", then get them to sign a refusal and leave.

I've shot wayyyy too many gonads to even think of it as worthy of my time.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Sure, and childish and unprofessional.

Ah! Now you're real intent is clear with this subject. All you want to do is draw MMiz out and into a debate and you're clearly irritated he won't engage. That's childish.

OP
OP
nomofica

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Ah! Now you're real intent is clear with this subject. All you want to do is draw MMiz out and into a debate and you're clearly irritated he won't engage. That's childish.

Yes, asking legitimate questions and seeking legitimate answers, and having them played around more than Tiger and women... Childish.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Even though I see a connection...

I side with MMIZ, especially since the offended one is grinding this to death.

Yet, here's the connection:

The adrenaline rush attained while attempting to save a life is physiologically identical to the one produced by the hunt.

OP
OP
nomofica

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Nor am I offended. :p

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
We are discussing this and will get back to you all soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.