R/M San Diego

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Can any R/M SD medics PM me please? I have some specific questions.

I used to work for RMSD, so my info may be slightly out dated.

OP
OP
J

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
OK, so I guess Ill ask here too. Thanks for all the replies. I am a 6 year medic at another company and am wondering how pay for previous medic exp. works, basically i've been thinking about a change and wondering how it's going over there currently.

OK, so I guess Ill ask here too. Thanks for all the replies. I am a 6 year medic at another company and am wondering how pay for previous medic exp. works, basically i've been thinking about a change and wondering how it's going over there currently.

You should consider transferring to Santa Barbara. It's a whole different world.

I'm going to shamelessly plug Kern County. It's a whole different ballgame up here! :)

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
San Diego is a nice place to live, and I've really looked into R/M SD, but between the sub par pay and being a firefighters *****, I couldn't bring myself to do it. If I may ask, why RM SD? There's a lot of better places to work, even in SoCal. Except those guys already covered that.

OP
OP
J

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Honestly, I was just asking. i've worked for Hall, I've been a single role FD Medic, and in fact the AMR division I work for now is amazing. But.....we run more calls per capita than any ambulances in the area(or surrounding counties, from what I know)....I'm not sure what I want. Most likely, I'll stay put, but it's been over 6 years running my *** off, I'm from San Diego, and when I was a newbie medic, I wanted to work for RM. I saw they were hiring and wanted to know what was up.