quick question RE: NREMT card?

SnaKiZe

Forum Crew Member
I just went to the state health dept to drop off my paperwork for the state's cert, which they said they'll mail me the card.

How do i go about getting the NREMT card?
Is it mailed to me? or do i have to go somewhere to get it?

Thanks.

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
Silly question, have you taken the NREMT test?

m0nster986

B.S, Paramedic, FF
the card from reg' will come in a few days, with a diploma and a patch

Along with some advertisement... But consider being a part of NAEMT because only about 2% of providers are affiliated with them. It's a step...

OP
OP
S

SnaKiZe

Forum Crew Member
Along with some advertisement... But consider being a part of NAEMT because only about 2% of providers are affiliated with them. It's a step...

From what I know, NAEMT is an organiztion/union.
I'm 18. If I get f*cked over, so be it, I'm young, it's a learning experience :D

JPINFV

Gadfly
From what I know, NAEMT is an organiztion/union.
I'm 18. If I get f*cked over, so be it, I'm young, it's a learning experience :D
NAEMT is a professional society who's job is to lobby on behalf of EMS providers. It's not a union and it's ability to effectively lobby is questionable for multiple reasons, including membership. It's essentially the American Medical Association for EMS providers.

OP
OP
S

SnaKiZe

Forum Crew Member
NAEMT is a professional society who's job is to lobby on behalf of EMS providers. It's not a union and it's ability to effectively lobby is questionable for multiple reasons, including membership. It's essentially the American Medical Association for EMS providers.

It seems like a union...
They want dues and all that jazz! :O

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
It seems like a union...
They want dues and all that jazz! :O
organized labor, take it from someone who has a lot more life experience than an 18 year old,
organized labor tends to follow the lowest common denominator, sad but true,
they organize unskilled labor such as farm workers grocery clerks textile workers etc..
these people often are taken advantage of so they believe they need some sort of representation to speak for them,
you are going into a skilled field of endeavor and it only gets more skilled from here
you won't find many unions for doctors or lawyers and what not, at least that i know of,
i have worked a union job once when i was younger. united food and commercial workers u.f.c.w
and by my experience they didn't do a whole lot for the average guy or gal,

now they will argue that they do, by the perspective of the union bosses thats just good business because they are getting paid.
but the money has to come from somewhere,
by no means were unions solely responsible but the outsourcing of american manufacturing to third world countries was part and partial to the "power" that unions had on wage control for unskilled labor.
anyway rant over..
glad you passed and all that. good luck to you