Question on starting full time 25 hr shifts

AugustaEMT

Forum Ride Along
Need a little suggestions and advice. I am moving to a 911 service after working a 8 hour, weekend shift at a General Transport private service for 2 years. My question is what items or "must haves" do I need to work my shift? I have seen some guys bring a sleeping bag/pillow. Computer to browse during downtime, a book, I saw one guy bring a guitar when I worked my clinical rotations.
I don't exactly know my station assignment, it might even be a fire station shared location. I know the means be ready to pitch in for cleaning and cooking.
What else do would you consider???

eonefireemt3

Forum Crew Member
Change of clothes, toiletries, towel, night apparel, bedding if you have beds. Things to occupy time in between calls. Food if you can't or don't want to eat out.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
For longer shifts you'll see a wide assortment of gear. I bring my laptop w/ external HDD loaded w/ lectures and movies and TV shows; iPad w/ Kindle app and lots of books, study materials for my next exam, two spare uniforms and stuff to shower with (I work 48s), food and drinks for the shift... plus all my gear for a normal shift anyways.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
For my 24's I bring 2 pairs of uniform clothes (its HOT here), sheets and pillow for bedding, shower items i.e. shampoo, body wash things of that nature. I will also bring personal clothes for when I get off shift (no one wants to go home in a dirty uniform). Also I try to bring lunch or dinner to save money. I also have a backpack that will have headphones, phone charger, and whatever else I want to bring with me.