Question on Full MOON

Spedz

Forum Probie
I am sorry if this has been asked before or somewhere else I DID LOOK but couldn't find it.:rofl: My question is Are the calls worse on full moons vs no full moon and if you would like to explain a full moon call that was impressive go right ahead. I know that when my mom was a Nurse at a retirement home (the biggest part of my life from about 2 yrs old til I was in my 20s that is what she did) swears up and down it was always crazier on full moons and when I dispatched it seems to be true but I would like other opinions and thoughts if you will.

:unsure:

Thanks in Advance
Spedz

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
In my 5 years doing this no. You just seem to remember them more if it is a full moon.

OP
OP
Spedz

Spedz

Forum Probie
there have been a few studies performed related to ER admissions, trauma, and the like.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2735596
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15166467
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19901675
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9530753

From what I deduced is that there is no effect related to full moons.

Silver that's kind of cheating isn't it? I wanted peoples opinions and experiences not links to studies that have been done!!! LOL:rofl:

But anywho thanks for the info

Last edited by a moderator:

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Silver that's kind of cheating isn't it? I wanted peoples opinions and experiences not links to studies that have been done!!! LOL:rofl:

But anywho thanks for the info

Well often times the human mind fabricates stories that are slightly different than reality. Suit yourself though :p.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I think people attribute more to the full moon because in general, they are not as aware of the other phases of the moon.

Don't believe me? Look into the sky tonight and say "waxing crescent." People will think you are a dork. Majorly.

OP
OP
Spedz

Spedz

Forum Probie
I think people attribute more to the full moon because in general, they are not as aware of the other phases of the moon.

Don't believe me? Look into the sky tonight and say "waxing crescent." People will think you are a dork. Majorly.

O I completely agree I just thought it was a good subject to get people talking well to me anyway :rofl:

stlukescj11

Forum Crew Member
I can say for working in the ER where I am at its weird when full moons come around in here. HUGE increase in psych pt's.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Ask a Los Angeles Basin or Inland Empire tech about Santa Ana winds...

Craziness.

Medic2409

Forum Lieutenant
I will say that a number of my more busy shifts, came on a full moon. People just seem to come crawling out of the wood work more at later hours.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

But what if it's a waning gibbons? Then they will think your a dumb dork ;)

With that said I haven't looked at the moon yet, I have no idea what it is haha

Anjel

Forum Angel
The last full moon we had I did 9 calls in 10 hrs. I was exhausted.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I dont know about your moon NV, but mine isn't made of monkeys. :rofl:

Ah crap gibbous not gibbons hahaha. I wish the moon looked like a monkey. Can you imagine the calls we would get on a "full monkey" instead of a full moon!?

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I cheated. It was a cloudy night so I checked the moon phase in my weather app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpena

Forum Probie
It seems things around here are quieter during a full moon IMO

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Santa Ana winds in SoCal, and lowering air pressure elsewhere.

Don't forget first snow/freeze, all those little MVA's and a snow-shovel coronaries.