Question about Certification and Hiring

Cory

Forum Captain
Does your company/department require you to have an NREMT certification from the same state you work in? And if so, would you have to re-take a class in that state even if you are already certified in another state, or is their some process of getting certified to work in that state in a much easier way?

-Cory-

Last edited by a moderator:

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Does your company/department require you to have an NREMT certification from the same state you work in? And if so, would you have to re-take a class in that state even if you are already certified in another state, or is their some process of getting certified to work in that state in a much easier way?

-Cory-

the only way to know is to ask the company? i don't think that they would care about the national as much as they would with the state cert. without the state cert, you can't work. i don't think it matters what state you got the national in.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

Forum Captain
**** SORRY, big mistake in OP: I meant to ask about state cert., not NREMT. Thank you amberdt03 for catching that :)

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
**** SORRY, big mistake in OP: I meant to ask about state cert., not NREMT. Thank you amberdt03 for catching that :)

oh ok...lol. yeah in order to work in a state you have to have the state cert. you'll need to check the state ems website to see what the requirements are. texas i know all you need is to send a copy of your national registry and some $$$$ but every state is different