Prn Ambulance and Pro transport-1 merging

OP
OP
G

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
Well I am hopeful some improvements will happen at Prn with pt1. I especially hope the pay and bonuses have been a little bit better than what Prn offers now they start out new eMTs $10 per hour I think 11 with experience the call bonus is like two dollars and $.50 per call after a certain goal has been met and is divided at the end of the month between all field personnel. Dispatchers receive $.50 per call Randy but again that is divided amongst all of them. Some huge tease who have been a PRN for five years make less than some people coming in from outside even if that person came from a dialysis company making 12 or 13 an hour with plus years of experience. Some people were saying their raises last year was seven or eight cents and the only way to get a decent raise on your performance review was you had to score 105% including getting commendations. my only gripe with Prn is there really quick to discipline but really slow to recognize good fieldworkers.

Sorry for the spelling problems I'm using voice recognition on my phone because I'm lazy LOL.

CURMUDGEON

Forum Probie
Good observation Gonefishing. The clash of the corporate cultures will be something to see. Heck, forget the popcorn. It's time for peanuts and beer!

drl

Forum Lieutenant
It is! But calls from Sac to SF in the last hour is such BS.

Haha, I agree. Worst I've had was getting a San Jose to Roseville call two hours before end of night shift... we even made it into 2x pay due to traffic.

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
I don't know wgat to make of this whole thing. I can only hope it's for the best. Maybe with the extra money being pumped in to PRN all of us in the field will get a raise greater then 3-30 cents. I believe the time to unionize should be reconsidered. Maybe PRN will be smart and realize it's their crews doing all the pr for them and will attempt to take better care of us especially the emts.

Angel

Paramedic
I think union is the way to go. Just beware. When pros union was voted in, the big supporters were all terminated for arbitrary things

KBR

Forum Ride Along
Mods I hope I am posting in the correct location if not please move my post to the correct area thank you.

Ladies and gentlemen I was recently told by my company Prn Ambulance in Los Angeles and we are merging with pro transport-1 in the bay area. I know Pro transport-1 has about 160 ambulances 12 or 13 stations and almost 600 to 700 employees. While Prn Ambulance is much smaller than that I am asking any pro transport-1 employees to chime in on how they like Pro transport-1and maybe shed some insight on how the pay and benefits are as we here at Prn Ambulance have no idea what changes will be made as far as pay, Benefits, policies, of vacation and sick time. Some of our senior management along with supervisors and field training officers will probably and have been going up to the bay area to visit pro transport-1 to see their operations but many of us in the field at Prn Ambulance will not have the opportunity. I know we have had some visitors right along on our ambulances from pro transport-1 and they seem like great people and I have had seen some videos on YouTube showing The great support and activities boosting morale and how they operate and the core values but I would like to see if any current or former employees can chime in on the company what they like or dislike about them.

Thanks

Well, I used to work for Pro T-1. I left about a year ago because I had to move. I really enjoyed my time there. I actually miss it. A lot of really good people work there and they get a bad rap because they are an IFT company. But they have the most competitive wages out of any other IFT company and there is room to grow. They are really involved in their community and strive to be the best. Their benefits were decent and minimum union dues. I think it will benefit PRN a great deal to have Pro come in and help them out. They will only help them grow and succeed more. Their COO Mike Gorman is really good at his job and he can really turn a company around

Last edited by a moderator:

Angel

Paramedic
Who are you?! The morale at pro is so low right now, theythey now offer retention bonuses to stop people from leaving...
Pro will be good for PRN as long as they operates separately

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
2 part question for you guys in the know. 1) Pro transport-1 is a 9-1-1 transport company. 2) if PRN merges with PT-1, they can go for a county 9-1-1 contract because they can say they have 911 experience.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
2 part question for you guys in the know. 1) Pro transport-1 is a 9-1-1 transport company. 2) if PRN merges with PT-1, they can go for a county 9-1-1 contract because they can say they have 911 experience.
Neither of those are questions. Are you asking (1) if PT-1 is a 911 company and (2) if PRN merges, would they also be eligible for 911 contracts?

Angel

Paramedic
Pt1 only does 911 in hughston. Which is small and I think they take turns with amr. Pro has zero interest in 911 since it doesn't pay.

BayAreaEMT

Forum Probie
PT-1 does not do 911, strictly IFT. They're also a joke, yea they are a huge company but they are a terrible company. I worked there for my first EMS job and thought I was so lucky to get it since they were the first company I interviewed for. Within a week I started feeling like they were the Walmart of ambulance companies, like if you got the required certs, you're in. The people at my 2 home stations looked like they didn't care about anything. On top of that scheduling was always downing shifts. I worked there for about 5 weeks and quit.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, it's not like we have to write legible reports to other professionals that are vital for continuation of patient care, billing, legal and other purposes, or simple phrasing and putting question marks on questions to differentiate it from a statement is elementary school grammar or anything.....or that such a lackadaisical attitude towards such a basic life skill is part of why others look at us and think of us as simple ambulance/taxi (cabulance?) drivers who don't deserve to get paid more than minimum wage or anything.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, it's not like we have to write legible reports to other professionals that are vital for continuation of patient care, billing, legal and other purposes, or simple phrasing and putting question marks on questions to differentiate it from a statement is elementary school grammar or anything.....or that such a lackadaisical attitude towards such a basic life skill is part of why others look at us and think of us as simple ambulance/taxi (cabulance?) drivers who don't deserve to get paid more than minimum wage or anything.
Putting=relates to golf and Puting is not a word!lol [emoji39]

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Ok. If you have an issue, hit the report button. The end.