Prn Ambulance and Pro transport-1 merging

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
Mods I hope I am posting in the correct location if not please move my post to the correct area thank you.

Ladies and gentlemen I was recently told by my company Prn Ambulance in Los Angeles and we are merging with pro transport-1 in the bay area. I know Pro transport-1 has about 160 ambulances 12 or 13 stations and almost 600 to 700 employees. While Prn Ambulance is much smaller than that I am asking any pro transport-1 employees to chime in on how they like Pro transport-1and maybe shed some insight on how the pay and benefits are as we here at Prn Ambulance have no idea what changes will be made as far as pay, Benefits, policies, of vacation and sick time. Some of our senior management along with supervisors and field training officers will probably and have been going up to the bay area to visit pro transport-1 to see their operations but many of us in the field at Prn Ambulance will not have the opportunity. I know we have had some visitors right along on our ambulances from pro transport-1 and they seem like great people and I have had seen some videos on YouTube showing The great support and activities boosting morale and how they operate and the core values but I would like to see if any current or former employees can chime in on the company what they like or dislike about them.

Thanks

http://www.northbaybusinessjournal....-large-southern-california-ambulance-company/

http://www.sfvbj.com/news/2014/nov/19/valley-ambulance-operator-merges/

Angel

Paramedic
Their management is probably the most difficult group to work with. Pro is union and at every step of the grievance process there is some unnecessary hold up because management refuses to be reasonable. As of late long distance calls are being assigned at the end of people's shifts and shifts are being downed.

There's more but in general morale is low

Angel

Paramedic
It is! But calls from Sac to SF in the last hour is such BS. Unless the crews want the OT
I figure if they have $ to buy other companies they should at least stop downing to the bare minimum (mostly toward the end of the year when people need it most).

Haha idk why I still care so much. I haven't worked there in almost 2 years

CURMUDGEON

Forum Probie
Welcome to the jungle, Pro. This is going to be nothing like you've ever seen.

PRN crews... break out your wallets for those union dues.

This one is going to be fun to watch!

OP
OP
G

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
I do not believe we will be having a union PRN ambulance will be remaining with the same name.

OP
OP
G

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
Their management is probably the most difficult group to work with. Pro is union and at every step of the grievance process there is some unnecessary hold up because management refuses to be reasonable. As of late long distance calls are being assigned at the end of people's shifts and shifts are being downed.

There's more but in general morale is low
See with us we have a lack of ambulances and choose where we get ran during the whole shift and possibly get a hold over a little bit but nothing really crazy legally they can't hold us over past two hours after our scheduled time were supposed be off. We simply need more shifts to help us run the call volume. If I remember correctly were losing 40 to 50 calls per day it seems like because we don't have enough resources.

Angel

Paramedic
I've never paid more than $30 a check in union dues. Probably no more than 20 to be honest so that should be a concern. Union actually saved and saves jobs.

Pro seems to have a ton of money so more ambulances and staffing could be on its way.
Just curious are you guys IFT only?

OP
OP
G

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
Yes ift but we work with kaiser a lot along with other hospitals. Pro transport 1 just sent down 6 rigs to us that are being painted for Prn. We do Bls als cct rt. we have 4 stations.

Let's see how long this lasts...

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
I believe: Starting wage up here is (maybe) $11 per hour with per-call bonus and annual raises for FT (2080 hours per year). If PT, it could take 2 years to get a raise.

I could be wrong... But I am trying to stay on topic.

As I said, Pro is strictly an entry point into the field although many of the EMTs walk around like they are badasses. Your goal should be to move on before you are eligible for a raise.

OP
OP
G

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
I believe: Starting wage up here is (maybe) $11 per hour with per-call bonus and annual raises for FT (2080 hours per year). If PT, it could take 2 years to get a raise.

I could be wrong... But I am trying to stay on topic.

As I said, Pro is strictly an entry point into the field although many of the EMTs walk around like they are badasses. Your goal should be to move on before you are eligible for a raise.
Do you know any details on their per call bonus?

Angel

Paramedic
Starting out at 11.05
Once you reach 521 hours its 11.75 with $5 per call after 2 $10 after 5
12.50(?) after 1040 hrs $10 after 2 calls $20 after 5
Then 13.25 after idr how many hours...
Night shift and cct is an extra $5 per call no matter what call # it is

Long distance starts after 50 miles is 10$ and 10$ for every 25 miles after that

And NO OT after 8hrs 1.5x doesn't Start until a half hour after the end of your shift.

Mind you they are negotiating the new contract and I wouldn't be surprised if bonuses went away and hourly wage increased. And HOPEFULLY the OT thing is addressed. Working night shift at 13.25 I took home an avg 1100-1300 a check

How does pt1 pay? What is their policy for raises?

Angel

Paramedic
The rest of what got shirtz said is pretty much right, there are some lifers there and they are pretty snobby but the $$ is good. Medics start at 22.xx idk the steps since I was an emt but they do not make bonuses currently. (Prob never will)
All this is for ALL locations except for SF. They are a different union (NEMSA) and make less per hour