Private messages

gnosis

Forum Crew Member
So, maybe a stupid question, but how do I send a private message? I've looked at people profile pages, and all I can find is the "post to profile option".

Thanks, folks

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
It's now termed a "conversation"

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
Where is the button to start a conversation though ??? o_O

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Click on the person's avatar, then click "Start a conversation"

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Click on a user's name and then click "Start a Conversation." You'll need to have a few posts before you're allowed to message a user.

TheScientist

Forum Probie
How many posts do you need to make before you can start a conversation with others? I'm doing some research about paramedics, and I need to private message some online participants here about ethics etc :)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
How many posts do you need to make before you can start a conversation with others? I'm doing some research about paramedics, and I need to private message some online participants here about ethics etc :)

If I remember correctly it's 5. If not I'm sure a moderator or someone else will correct me.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Yes, it is more than 5, so at least six. Then it usually takes about an hour for the system to run its processes and give you that privilege.

Also don't make low-quality posts to get to that point. We'll just take that privilege away.