FFJO

Forum Ride Along
Mine cut off at 83 and passed first try:lol:

tylerp1

Forum Crew Member
Re certified by NREMT exam this year..77 questions. Passed

kjacksonemti

Forum Ride Along
NREMT-P, 80 questions on the nose. Passed.

At 65 questions it went screwy, though. The test started churning out a bunch of questions that were pretty far out there. I remember one about exopthalmia. I got it just fine, though.

Sorry, Pearson Vue. Looks like you'll all have to make your condo payments off somebody else.

rockyfortune

Forum Probie
Walked out of the testing center yesterday feeling very dejected..i was absolutely sure I failed...

I got this today...

Exam Date:
4/23/2014 (CST)
Results Date:
4/24/2014 (CST)

Examination Scored

Congratulations on successfully earning your national EMS certification.

Certification documents will be mailed to the address provided in your account profile by first class US Postal service within three business days.

National certification is not a license to practice. You should contact your state EMS office for information on licensing requirements.

Actually..I'm waiting for someone to tell me they are just pulling my leg and I actually flunked the test...

Oh yeah...test cut off at #71.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zack610

Forum Ride Along
I just took mine, got cut at 72. I'm pretty sure I failed it because I didn't study operations and I didn't feel very confident in a lot of the answers.

xrsm002

Forum Captain
Took NR medic yesterday for my third time and it stopped at 146 questions with 30 minutes remaining. PASSED!!!!

mg1826

Forum Ride Along
Nremt

1st attempt - failed at 120

2nd attempt - passed at 96. Got the last question wrong, but I'll take it!

September

Forum Probie
Just came back from my Basic testing. Cut off around 70-75, a lot of the questions got weird on me and now I'm nervously awaiting the results...

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Just came back from my Basic testing. Cut off around 70-75, a lot of the questions got weird on me and now I'm nervously awaiting the results...

I was told during school that if you are getting EMT-B level questions correct in the category, it'll start pumping out higher acuity questions (AEMT and Paramedic level) to help your grade. However, I've never had this confirmed to me specifically.

September

Forum Probie
PASSED!!! :censored::censored::censored::censored: yea!

Wow, results in 4 hours. Talk about quick.

And wait a sec, do I have to purchase the patch for $4.50 or am I getting a freebie?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I was told during school that if you are getting EMT-B level questions correct in the category, it'll start pumping out higher acuity questions (AEMT and Paramedic level) to help your grade. However, I've never had this confirmed to me specifically.

Incorrect.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Incorrect.

:p Figured as much. Like I said, I never did hear a 2nd confirmation.

Edit: A NREMT patch comes in the same package as your certification, so no, you don't need to purchase one. That said, does anyone actually wear their NREMT patch? I can only remember ever seeing EMTs/Medics with state patches on. But I've only been in this area.

September

Forum Probie
A couple of EMTs at my preceptor's station wore their NREMT patches but that's all I've seen. It threw me off because I thought "Damn, after all that they're gonna make me BUY a patch?" Haha

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
A NREMT patch comes in the same package as your certification ... That said, does anyone actually wear their NREMT patch? I can only remember ever seeing EMTs/Medics with state patches on. But I've only been in this area.

My whole department has NREMT-P patches on everything. The old rocker patches (and older heavyweight flightsuits) are highly coveted.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
My whole department has NREMT-P patches on everything. The old rocker patches (and older heavyweight flightsuits) are highly coveted.

Not to derail the topic further, but where are you from? Does your state require National Registry to maintain your state licensure?

In Texas, National Registry is required to obtain state licensure, but you can maintain your state via CEUs if you choose to allow your NREMT to expire. That's my guess as to why I don't see many NREMT patches. It's simply not needed.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Im NR and no service around here uses the NR patch. Some dont use any patches, the rest wear the indiana patch. Only NR patch ive seen was for an intermediate since indiana doesnt have an intermediate patch.

ricky11

Forum Ride Along
Passed at 70, first attempt.

It took all weekend to get my test results back and I'd pretty much resigned myself to failure by the end of the second day. People weren't kidding when they told me I'd walk out of there feeling like I'd bombed it.

Sorry, forgot to say: This was for Basic.