Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

roninwarrior

Forum Crew Member
Ugh... Test stopped at 70. I feel like I want to cry after that. Refreshing like a madman

Tim

Forum Ride Along
just took the EMT-B for the second time and it stopped at 73 questions. Pretty nervous really hoping to pass.

matthewspear

Forum Probie
Nremt

Took it this evening - stopped at 70. Went in calm... but still don't feel confident.

I know they say you have to "fail" 50% of the test in order to pass. That part wasn't too hard - a lot of left field questions for me.

I heard the earlier it shuts off the better - so... hoping!

ShortStuff

Forum Ride Along
My exam stopped at 70 questions and I passed on my first attempt. I took it on a Friday too so I didn't get my results until Monday morning. That was the longest weekend ever ;)

matthewspear

Forum Probie
I hear you! I'm sitting around biting my nails for the next two days. (not really). But I guess what's making me nervous is the fact that some people said they failed right at 70... =/

matthewspear

Forum Probie
My exam stopped at 70 questions and I passed on my first attempt. I took it on a Friday too so I didn't get my results until Monday morning. That was the longest weekend ever ;)

I hear you! I'm sitting around biting my nails for the next two days. (not really). But I guess what's making me nervous is the fact that some people said they failed right at 70... =/

ShortStuff

Forum Ride Along

If it is any consolation, I went into the NREMT very confident and left scratching my head thinking I may have failed. I know the test is designed that way though so hopefully you did just fine! :D

matthewspear

Forum Probie
If it is any consolation, I went into the NREMT very confident and left scratching my head thinking I may have failed. I know the test is designed that way though so hopefully you did just fine! :D

Haha. Well my instructors told me to expect to walk out feeling like you failed - they said you have to fail 50% of the NREMT in order to pass. I went in confident but terrified. Hah.

ardsranger

Forum Probie
passed

64 questions
Congratulations on passing the NREMT National EMS Certification cognitive examination. ( off the NREMT.org)
First attempt
a 51 year old, old dog can learn a new trick.

Last edited by a moderator:

1stresponder

Forum Ride Along
No set number of questions

I have seen alot of statements that it must be between 70-120 questions but ont he NREMT site it states after the box with what I believe to be the average range of questions to pass or fail, it states there is NO set number of questions or percentage of questions to pass or fail.

"Exam level
Questions
Maximum Time

First Responder
80 - 110
1 hour 45 minutes

EMT-Basic
70 - 120
2 hours

EMT-Intermediate/85
85 - 135
2 hours 15 minutes

Paramedic
80 - 150
2 hours 30 minutes

All exams include pilot test items that do not count for or against your exam results. Pilot questions are being evaluated for possible inclusion on future exams. There is no way for you to identify pilot items, so it is in your best interest to answer every question to the best of your ability.

There are two important concepts to remember about computer adaptive tests:

1. There is no minimum number or percent of correct items needed to pass as with a traditional paper-and-pencil test.
2. All candidates will be challenged to the limit of their ability, so everyone taking the exam will think it is difficult."

Some have stated OVER 120 questions were given and no one seems to doubt them. Just saying.

SO, I took the NREMT-B yesterday at noon and it shut off at 71 questions. I do remember my last question and did get it right. I was NOT sure if it was right until I got home. (EDITED TO REMOVE TEST QUESTION INFORMATION) I guessed it but a good educated and logical guess, not eeny meeny miny mo type of guess. SO hoping I passed but felt the test was hard. I test very well and have recieved very very good grades through the course. Hoping I get an answer first thing monday morning. My refresh button is tired and my break soon. hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

BeachMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Took the Paramedic exam for the first time in 2009 and passed it at 80 questions. Just took it again for the second time last Friday trying to beat my score and the test stopped at 80 questions and I passed. I felt like I passed both times after leaving the exam. The test did feel tougher the second time; but then again I'm not fresh out of medic school anymore. I'd say my 2013 self is less book smart but more confident in his answers.

One piece of advice to the newly certified. .. never let your nat reg lapse. Even if you never work as a medic again or don't plan on moving. It costs only 70 bucks to renew but cost me nearly 1000 bucks to get the certification after it has lapsed.

Rialaigh

Forum Asst. Chief
Took mine this morning, it stopped around 70, and I never felt this inadequate all through 4 years of college at a good school as I did leaving this test this morning. I am 95% sure I failed. I felt like every question was out of left field, nothing looked like it did in my course or my practice exams.

Congrats to all you who passed, I am confident I will be studying and retaking...

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
My friend took her 3rd attempt Friday and passed at 80 (medic).

She finally slowed down and started reading the questions.

1stresponder

Forum Ride Along
Passed!

So, Follow up, I passed with it stopping at 71 questions. I absolutely got the last one correct so maybe something to the remember the last question and if you got it correct you passed and if you got it wrong you failed. Anyone else remember their last question and if you got it right or wrong and passed or failed?
So relieved to have finally recieved the answer after a long weekend!!! My computer was starting to hate me hitting refresh every 2 minutes.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
A reminder, from the community rules,
Participants are not to post any testing questions or answers from the NREMT or any other licensing or testing agency.

Any posts with test questions will be removed and the poster issued an infraction. Don't be that guy.