Podcasts

BandageBrigade

Forum Lieutenant
So I know that this got derailed by the man heading it, but I thought this was going to be a great feature on emt life. Can we vote on or get.someone assigned to head this up again? Or can we change the format up a bit and those members who would like to submit podcasts may do so, as long as that member meets or has certain qualifications/credentials on the subject?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
If you would like to head this up, or have ideas on who would be great take on this project please feel free to send a PM to one of the community leaders or use the Contact Us feature found at the bottom of every page.

We, too, were excited about this feature, so whoever takes this on is going to have to hit a home run with it.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I had originally expressed interest in hosting/producing podcasts. I have over 20 years of mostly major market commercial radio experience, a full broadcast quality production studio and the passion for the project.

I offered my help and never heard back...

Now, again... I am interested, have the wherewithal do it and will produce a quality podcast.

And oh yeah... I am who I say I am. There is no secret to the fact that I am an NREMT-P, and I'm not pretending to be anyone or anything else. :)

Interested? Send me a PM.

Rob (No! Not that Rob.)

BEorP

Forum Captain
I had also offered via PM to play a supporting role in terms of research or something similar. The offer still stands and I would be happy to play a part in bringing back the podcasts.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I started a new job and will be at conferences for the next two weeks. We're working on it.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I'd love to help, but don't have the experience or expertise to play a lead role.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm obviously pretty new in the field and nobody cares what I have to say personally, but I'd be interested in helping too. Research and an antipodean perspective. We have such a different take on prehospital care, I'd love to see how that affects discussions about the future. I also know a few people who have made some pretty big advances in prehospital research and a few others who have been awarded some of the first PhDs in EMS. I'd love to interview them or put questions to them as part of show themes.

Anyways, I'm open for PM any time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm obviously pretty new in the field and nobody cares what I have to say personally, but I'd be interested in helping too. Research and an antipodean perspective. We have such a different take on prehospital care, I'd love to see how that affects discussions about the future. I also know a few people who have made some pretty big advances in prehospital research and a few others who have been awarded some of the first PhDs in EMS. I'd love to interview them or put questions to them as part of show themes.

Anyways, I'm open for PM any time.

We're still playing around with what direction we want to take this next. We should have more information probably next week.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The Hotel and Sasha show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably better that I don't post what crossed my mind when I first read that...

Asimurk

Forum Captain
The Hotel and Sasha show sounds like it could be a good one. Sasha seems like a firecracker.

It's probably better that I don't post what crossed my mind when I first read that...

The first podcast that can't be closed captioned?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The problem with most podcasts is they sound amateurish, are filled with production gaffes, and usually go on about 30 minutes longer than they should.

I'm planning a podcast series that I'll be pitching to various sponsors. And I know I'll be successful due to my extensive broadcast production background and the quality of the material and produced product. If EMTlife is interested in a co-branding opportunity, I'd be willing to entertain the idea. I would however, like a decision maker to contact me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
He did say two weeks. Remember these folks are volunteers and don't get paid.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
...and 13 days later, still no follow up from any of the admin staff.

We're trying to learn from our mistakes. Putting it all on one person's shoulders was a mistake. We put our trust in someone and got burned. Now we're trying to create a better solution.

He did say two weeks. Remember these folks are volunteers and don't get paid.

Thanks BBG.