Placentia Transition with Lynch

EMT Rookie

Forum Probie
I’m hearing and reading great things about the Placentia transition with Lynch. Lynch has been fully integrated with the new fire department and communications center. From what I’m seeing on their FB accounts the Lynch medics are working out of the fire stations and spend a lot of training with the fire guys. I even heard the Emergency Ambulance EMTs are getting an opportunity to get more involved on calls with the Lynch medics. Anyone else have any insider info on how the transition is going?

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Going great. I work here currently. They have been hitting all there benchmarks so far without any issues. I think only 8 times they called for mutual aid in July ( could be off by few) compared to about 70 times last year with ocfa.
we still aren’t getting used for much mutual aide though from what it feels like but hopefully the other local Fire departments come to there senses.

as for emergency, I talked to a crew other day and they like the transition saying the current lynch crews in placentia let them do more hands on with the patient

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
So there are 2 ambulances going to each call? Placentia needs to scrap this BS model and just have Lynch transport. You're not getting used for aid because OCFA is swinging their **** around acting like a bunch of *******s. Standard OCFA. I do not agree at all with how PFD is being run, but finally someone had the balls to challenge the EMS situation behind the Orange Curtain.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
So there are 2 ambulances going to each call? Placentia needs to scrap this BS model and just have Lynch transport. You're not getting used for aid because OCFA is swinging their **** around acting like a bunch of *******s. Standard OCFA. I do not agree at all with how PFD is being run, but finally someone had the balls to challenge the EMS situation behind the Orange Curtain.

That’s the plan I believe but emergency has the BLS transport contract until next year. As of now Lynch jumps in with emergency. So two ambulances on scene but believe ( from what I hear at least) there waiting for there contract to end.

Uclabruin103

Forum Lieutenant
Glad to hear they've upped their game. When I worked there it was horrible. EVERY shift meds were expired, monitor batteries wouldn't last a whole transport, old rigs. Dreaded going to work there every shift.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Glad to hear they've upped their game. When I worked there it was horrible. EVERY shift meds were expired, monitor batteries wouldn't last a whole transport, old rigs. Dreaded going to work there every shift.

oh damn haha yeah definitely different. Meds and equipment is always good and if something is broken it’s automatically taken off the rig. Most the medicsI feel try to keep everything in top shape.

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
That’s the plan I believe but emergency has the BLS transport contract until next year. As of now Lynch jumps in with emergency. So two ambulances on scene but believe ( from what I hear at least) there waiting for there contract to end.
Hi Jn1232nd. I just saw your thread and want to provide some clarification for other forum reader. It seems that is you have been misinformed regard EAS and our contact to serve Placentia. EAS renewed its contract for Region A on June 1. and we will continue serving the area (including Placentia) through at least June 2025. Lynch will not be performing transports in Placentia during the term of that contract.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Hi Jn1232nd. I just saw your thread and want to provide some clarification for other forum reader. It seems that is you have been misinformed regard EAS and our contact to serve Placentia. EAS renewed its contract for Region A on June 1. and we will continue serving the area (including Placentia) through at least June 2025. Lynch will not be performing transports in Placentia during the term of that contract.
Oh awesome! I just heard rumors around ERs that of course 99% of time are not true. The Emergency crews are always awesome to run with and work along when I get the chance too.

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
Oh awesome! I just heard rumors around ERs that of course 99% of time are not true. The Emergency crews are always awesome to run with and work along when I get the chance too.
Thanks! There are always rumors flying around. Also, hearing nothing but good things from our crews regarding their working relationships with the Lynch medics.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
But why? It's a colossal waste of resources to have two separate ambulance companies responding to every medical aid. Wasnt the point of this new FD to get away from OCFA's PAU, medic van, ambulance system that was wasting all that time and money because Grandma had a ground level fall? Six of one, half dozen of the other, just changing the names on the rigs. It's not like you don't have multiple hospitals within a short transport time. Is this an OCEMS thing or did Lynch and Emergency want it this way?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
But why? It's a colossal waste of resources to have two separate ambulance companies responding to every medical aid. Wasnt the point of this new FD to get away from OCFA's PAU, medic van, ambulance system that was wasting all that time and money because Grandma had a ground level fall? Six of one, half dozen of the other, just changing the names on the rigs. It's not like you don't have multiple hospitals within a short transport time. Is this an OCEMS thing or did Lynch and Emergency want it this way?
It sounds like only the 911 paramedic services is what changed. Emergency ambulance still has the 911 transport contract for the area so Lynch wasn’t able to bid for it.

So really what changed is now you do not get a OFCA fire engine. You get a BLS fire department, which saves the city money, a private 911 paramedic from Lynch and a BLS unit from emergency.

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
jgmedic, the City of Placentia's choice was based on cost, and not on the delivery model. There was never a push to get away from PAUs, medic vans or squads. Notwithstanding, the transportation component falls under the County's scope of influence and they have remained consistent county wide. The City of Placentia falls in the Region A EOA which also includes areas served by OCFA and that is why a separate transport provider exists.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
jgmedic, the City of Placentia's choice was based on cost, and not on the delivery model. There was never a push to get away from PAUs, medic vans or squads. Notwithstanding, the transportation component falls under the County's scope of influence and they have remained consistent county wide. The City of Placentia falls in the Region A EOA which also includes areas served by OCFA and that is why a separate transport provider exists.
Now instead of 4-6 OCFA 100k plus dual role guys, they have a BLS engine company that sometimes responds with the two private medics and two private EMTs. The city is no longer subsidizing OCERA and the big salaries that OCFA commands, so they're saving that way. I get that. So is there a special dispensation if EAS has no units available or an extended ETA that the Lynch rig can transport, if there's an ALS ambulance on scene of let's say a STEMI, acute CVA, or trauma, the ambulance waits for another ambulance??? . It just seems ridiculous to me to have 3 rigs respond to every medical aid and even if PFD doesn't respond to every medical, its still a waste to have two ambos there. This isnt meant as a dig at EAS or Lynch it's just a dumbass system.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Now instead of 4-6 OCFA 100k plus dual role guys, they have a BLS engine company that sometimes responds with the two private medics and two private EMTs. The city is no longer subsidizing OCERA and the big salaries that OCFA commands, so they're saving that way. I get that. So is there a special dispensation if EAS has no units available or an extended ETA that the Lynch rig can transport, if there's an ALS ambulance on scene of let's say a STEMI, acute CVA, or trauma, the ambulance waits for another ambulance??? . It just seems ridiculous to me to have 3 rigs respond to every medical aid and even if PFD doesn't respond to every medical, its still a waste to have two ambos there. This isnt meant as a dig at EAS or Lynch it's just a dumbass system.
It is a big waste but at least the cost of having a lot of units on scene isn’t paid for by the city/citizens anymore. That cost has been shifted to the private companies.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
It is a big waste but at least the cost of having a lot of units on scene isn’t paid for by the city/citizens anymore. That cost has been shifted to the private companies.
So the city isn't paying the contracted companies anything?

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Exactly. I'm sure the cost of it is less than what OCFA was charging but still, there's no way around that having two ambulances respond is dumb af.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So the city isn't paying the contracted companies anything?
All depends on how the contract is. For my area, about an hour away, the ambulance company actually pays the county X million per year for the 911 contract. The county/cities pay absolutely nothing for ambulance service if they are private.

wtferick

Forum Captain
Exactly. I'm sure the cost of it is less than what OCFA was charging but still, there's no way around that having two ambulances respond is dumb af.
Give it time. It’s been a hot minute since Any private ambulance company has actually served as ALS in OC.
No difference if it were to be OCFA or Lynch waiting for an ambulance to arrive on scene. You have to remember, OC and LA county have terrible systems. But to be honest, I’m glad the city opted to give Lynch a shot.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Give it time. It’s been a hot minute since Any private ambulance company has actually served as ALS in OC.

No difference if it were to be OCFA or Lynch waiting for an ambulance to arrive on scene. You have to remember, OC and LA county have terrible systems. But to be honest, I’m glad the city opted to give Lynch a shot.
The difference is that Lynch has a transport capable rig with 2 ALS providers, not a fly car, right? I feel the same way about the OCFA areas with medic vans, but that's never been the case in that area for OCFA.

wtferick

Forum Captain
The difference is that Lynch has a transport capable rig with 2 ALS providers, not a fly car, right? I feel the same way about the OCFA areas with medic vans, but that's never been the case in that area for OCFA.
Sure. 2 ALS Providers who may end up stuck transporting a BLS. Especially during this time, when a ton of EDs are going down for Sat. Lol Easier said than done boss.