physical

pcp

Forum Crew Member
So i am wanting to tone up and get in shape. What are some great workouts. What are the big things you wanna work on. Do you guys still work out on a regular base, even while having a job already. I am starting schooling next fall but at this moment i will in no way pass the physical, so need to get in shape.
any tips advice
thanks

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
Run, lift weights, and eat healthy food. Haha

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
For me I've been eating better and doing a lot of time on elipticals and stationary bikes (don't run a lot due to a lot of hardware in my left leg and ankle). Also lap swimming.

clibb

Forum Captain

...Is for people who are afraid to go to the gym...

I usually do a lot of cross-fit and weights. Just the usual stuff I've learned through hockey. One of my best friends is a personal trainer, so that helps too. Eat healthy, not like a regular medic :p. But, my Paramedic partner is into very healthy stuff so we tend to mix and match to give each other new recipes for healthy food.

It's so easy to get into shape and to loose weight. You just got to get off your *** to do it, that's the hard part :p

Leonidas1

Forum Crew Member
It depends how much weight you want lose (if any), and how much mass (muscle) you want to add. I have lost 50lbs since April 1, 2010, and I have toned up (moderate amount of mass). You have to cut out beer and soda. Simple exercises like Push-ups, sit-ups and/or crunches, military press with bar bells have proven to work for me. Eat sensible, limit high carb intake. Drink coffee, add very little sugar, and cream, and drink decaf (chinese) green tea in the evening. It really does burn fat.

Last edited by a moderator:

clibb

Forum Captain
It depends how much weight you want lose (if any), and how much mass (muscle) you want to add. I have lost 50lbs since April 1, 2010, and I have toned up (moderate amount of mass). You have to cut out beer and soda. Simple exercises like Push-ups, sit-ups and/or crunches, military press with bar bells have proven to work for me. Eat sensible, limit high carb intake. Drink coffee, add very little sugar, and cream, and drink decaf (chinese) green tea in the evening. It really does burn fat.

Try something called "Jack3d" it's a supplement. I've used this for about two months now and it's insane. It wakes you up for those early morning work outs and just helps you build awesome muscle mass while making them fit, then endurance building is insane too.
I got 250 grams for $23.99 and that will last you 45 days.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I hit the University Fitness Center three times a week. I am actually about to head there now as I type this.

FDNYRescueMedic

Forum Probie
Weight train for at least 1/2 hr x 3 days. Cardio also 1/2 hr x 3days. I make sure my BMI is on point and stay away from sugar as much as possible. USA ranks like 2nd with adult type 2 DM.:sad:

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I'm just getting started, finishing up Couch to 5K. I have loved this program, and ran my first race on Sunday. I finished in a really pitiful time, but the night before the race, I lifted a car off a man's chest, so I took it.

Next race in 10 days.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
also meff. yup. :lol:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
So i am wanting to tone up and get in shape. What are some great workouts. What are the big things you wanna work on. Do you guys still work out on a regular base, even while having a job already. I am starting schooling next fall but at this moment i will in no way pass the physical, so need to get in shape.
any tips advice
thanks

Ask for advise somewhere else. I'm really trying to be helpful here, find a website that is specifically aimed towards physical fitness and start there.

EMS49393

Forum Captain
I've got real world advice. In March I was clinically morbidly obese. I've lost nearly 100 lbs since then. I watch my intake very carefully. I do not believe in all the "supplements" but I do eat high protein, low fat, low sugar foods throughout the day. I'm good for four or five hard boiled egg whites through the day, that sort of thing.

I work out nearly EVERY day for at least one hour. I do cardio, from bike to treadmill, to elliptical, to cybex. I do it for at least an hour and I change up machines every few days to a different exercise. Three times a week I weight train.

I actually love working out. I think about it nearly all the time. I've been known to wake up in the middle of the night and feel the unbelievable urge to hit the gym. I have the most energy I have ever had in my life. I was always the fat kid, so this is a redemption for me.

Start working out, watching what you eat, and get healthy. You'll be amazed at how good you feel.

livestrong.org is one of my go to websites for any help I need.

Good luck!

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
http://www.jack-3d.com/

It works the best out of any supplement that I've tried. Natural or not.

its not reaally a "supplement" its more of a pre-work out powder you mix with water or whatever

its pretty much concentrated Caffene, with other energizing substances

its VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY x10000000 Strong

i remember the first time i tried it, i had two Very small scoops, i felt like running 5 miles to the gym, working out for 5 hours, then running all the way back!!! it gave me rediculous amounts of energy

Remember the movie crank? yeah thats how your going to be like

I recomend it during the day and not the night as you WONT be able to sleep,
and only use it if your going to serious about going to the gym

and its quite the diuretic!

EMS49393

Forum Captain
its not reaally a "supplement" its more of a pre-work out powder you mix with water or whatever

its pretty much concentrated Caffene, with other energizing substances

its VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY x10000000 Strong

i remember the first time i tried it, i had two Very small scoops, i felt like running 5 miles to the gym, working out for 5 hours, then running all the way back!!! it gave me rediculous amounts of energy

Remember the movie crank? yeah thats how your going to be like

I recomend it during the day and not the night as you WONT be able to sleep,
and only use it if your going to serious about going to the gym

and its quite the diuretic!

No offense, but it sounds ridiculously unhealthy. Once you start working out, you'll find that you'll have your own natural energy and you won't need any supplements.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Last edited by a moderator: