Phoenix AZ Respiratory Therapist CCT

connor212

Forum Ride Along
Hello all, former emt and now respiratory therapist. I miss the boo bus, might move to the Phoenix az area, just wondering. Do any ambulances run with RTs? Thank you

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Hello all, former emt and now respiratory therapist. I miss the boo bus, might move to the Phoenix az area, just wondering. Do any ambulances run with RTs? Thank you
Not in that game anymore. But the only crews I’ve ever seen with RT are Peds transport teams. NICU specifically, hospital based.

BobBarker

Forum Lieutenant
We see RT's on PICU/NICU transport teams and on private ambulance companies. The ones on private ambulance companies pretty much just run calls with a BLS crew (SNF to ER, ER to SNF, discharge with vent, etc.). I don't know the pay in AZ but the private ambulance RT's only make $32/hr roughly but there is a lot of paid downtime where you can just chill at station.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I know you said you might move to Phoenix, but if you are considering the other side of the country as well, look into MedCenter Air in Charlotte, NC. Unless something has changed in the past few years, they do HEMS and CCT with RRT's and not just specialty transports, scene calls and everything.