Pay Scale....

Strike3

Forum Crew Member
I'm curious how the pay scale differs from here to there...

Here in Charleston, SC....Working for the County

Basics: 29,900 before overtime, which is built into your schedule
Medics: 36,000

What about where you live?

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
While I did my stint with the Bureau of Forestry, which began as a summer job, I was on the Commonwealth of PA 37.5 Hour Pay Schedule (S-7). That sums up to just about $41,039 per fiscal year, before taxes.

My job objectives were:

Fire Protection & Prevention team; and Park Safety.

That included Operation of the fire attack trucks, duties on the Bald Eagle National Reserve and the PA Grand Canyon @ Colton Point Fire Lookouts; Park Safety Demonstrations, hiking safety programs, wilderness first aid instruction, guiding boy scouts from the "Five Rivers Region" on proper trail safety, high angle rope rescue and EMT duty in the first aid cache.

When I started with MED-Trans Pittsburgh, I made 8.11 an hour, and I didn't work there for an entire year, so I don't know what I made. I took a pay raise and transfer to MED-Trans Cincinatti and worked there for six years with an annual income of $32,500.00 after taxes. They wanted me to transfer to National Med-Trans, Chicago and get my National Registry of Paramedics Cert; but I declined. I moved back here to Wellsboro/Colton Pt. and work for a private ambulance in the area of State College, PA for for $33,000.00/annual.

But I'll never make as much as I did with the Bureau of Forestry. I may move back into Forestry when my leg heals.

vtemti

Forum Captain
EMS? :lol: In Vermont? :lol: :lol:

I didn't realize that you could make money doing this stuff.

Really though, mostly all volunteer here. Not much money involved! In fact, I have had a few members come to me for references over the years to go on to Medic school. I give them what they want with only one stipulation; Do not come back, work a state where you can make something of yourself.

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
I have it good here.. I write my own check... being a vollie... when i get home I ask my wife for the check book .. and I write my own check.....

Summit

Critical Crazy
http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouts...&choosesignup=0
http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouts...&choosesignup=0

National Avg

P: $32K
B: $24K

Where I am (country county EMS), B's starts at $26K including built in overtime (modified kelly) + full bennies + paid vacation. I's are $29K. P's start at $36K.

Security EMT (year round) start at $10.50/hr and Ski/Bike Patrol EMT (seasonal) make $9.50/hr starting. Both of those are based on a 40hr week and they get health benefits and a ski pass.

FF/EMT-B on the paid volunteer depts here make minimum wage on duty, 1/2 min wage on call, get residency or a housing allowance.

I don't know what the ER techs make around here.

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
base for me with 2+ years working for the state as an EMT-P is $48K, made $62K with overtime

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
JEMS does a good annual accounting of this.....