Pay rates in LA county?

Jo94

Forum Ride Along
Im a new EMT and want to start applying for Ambulance companies. What are the better paying ones out there?
I know Ambulnz pays their employees $13.25

Any company out there that is higher?

Thank you.

BryanR

Forum Probie
Are you looking for money or experience? I would take the pay cut and go for a 911 company. You're going to be really miserable running only IFTs. Care is going up in July to $12. Great company and great experience. Plus, they are about to get a HUGE area expansion for 911 in the next couple months in LA.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Im a new EMT and want to start applying for Ambulance companies. What are the better paying ones out there?
I know Ambulnz pays their employees $13.25

Any company out there that is higher?

Thank you.
Here's some advice. Leave LA county. What is presumed as "911" or "fire" calls are essentially you being the fire departments chauffeur. A great place to look with great pay, benefits and real experience would be San Bernardino, Riverside or Kern Countys. Where you actually get to be an emt. With the cost of living in those areas, you won't have to worry.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Or come to Texas. Lots of good systems with decent pay and no state income tax

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jo94

Forum Ride Along
I applied to both mccormick and care , supposidly only taking Full Time. I can only do part time due to my other job

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
Even the highest paying EMT job in LA County is nothing compared to the cost of living there. Any EMT job you get out there will leave you just struggling to survive every time rent is due. Even if you make 15/hour on a 4/12 schedule with daily overtime factored in, you will make less than 45K a year, which is nothing in LA/OC. If you work a ton of overtime, to increase your pay you will burn out quickly and your quality of life will go down. Who wants to work EMS 6 days a week and have no time to enjoy life? I realize this comes across as negative, but that is the situation down there and not just with EMTs. You can insert any entry level job in what I said and it will be the same. I used to work as an EMT down there before I moved to Central California and became a paramedic. I still have friends down there that live paycheck to paycheck in crummy apartments in sketchy parts of town. Up here, many EMTs own their own home, and have a decent standard of living. What I would recommend is to come to Central California one day, check out the area, and see how you like it. You are just starting out, and it is better to go for a more sustainable approach than get bogged down in the IFT game like so many people do.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I applied to both mccormick and care , supposidly only taking Full Time. I can only do part time due to my other job
out of curiosity, what is your other job, and what hours are you looking to work?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Even the highest paying EMT job in LA County is nothing compared to the cost of living there. Any EMT job you get out there will leave you just struggling to survive every time rent is due. Even if you make 15/hour on a 4/12 schedule with daily overtime factored in, you will make less than 45K a year, which is nothing in LA/OC. If you work a ton of overtime, to increase your pay you will burn out quickly and your quality of life will go down. Who wants to work EMS 6 days a week and have no time to enjoy life? I realize this comes across as negative, but that is the situation down there and not just with EMTs. You can insert any entry level job in what I said and it will be the same. I used to work as an EMT down there before I moved to Central California and became a paramedic. I still have friends down there that live paycheck to paycheck in crummy apartments in sketchy parts of town. Up here, many EMTs own their own home, and have a decent standard of living. What I would recommend is to come to Central California one day, check out the area, and see how you like it. You are just starting out, and it is better to go for a more sustainable approach than get bogged down in the IFT game like so many people do.
HERE HERE!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk