Partners

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
So, here we respond "Code" (Lights and siren, or hot) or "No Code" (No lights, no siren, or cold).

Ditto. Every EMS call is considered hot. Since both an ALS Fire engine and an ALS private amb. respond on every call, Fire will often slow the response down to routine/cold upon hearing the nature of the call, and since they get on scene first most of the time, they'll often slow the medic down to routine once they arrive. Or if PD requests them they'll specify emergent or routine.

Not our call up in dispatch though.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
We use the Jeff Clawson system which honestly makes about as much sense as lost Tiebetan numerology sometimes!

Alpha/bravo: Priority two
Charlie/delta/echo: Priority one

Intensive Care (ALS) are not routinely dispatched to jobs unless they are high priority/life threat (D or E) or if nobody else is free.

As for partners, I have had those I want to beat over the head repeatedly with an oxygen tank and those who are just the best ever

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Priority 1 (L&S) and Priority 2 for everything else here.

My last partner and I had times (regularly, I might add) we were ready to run the other one over, yet on calls things went extremely smoothly. We had both worked long enough to set any personal issues aside when need be. We generally liked each other, but had vastly differing views at times.

I just got a new partner (as in, worked two shifts with her and then got detailed to another station and the land of temp partners for a month), she seems to be good so far, if a little green. Hopefully I live up to the responsibility of getting her going in the right direction.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
on my volly squad its a crap shoot everytime, which im not crazy about there are some good and some bad. There is one guy who is a volly on another squad in town who also works the same paid job with me. we work really well together and most other EMT's complain we move to fast for them. Never had a complaint from the MICs though. MONOC loves us, and the Middlesex guys run both ends of the spectrum. We have a total bromance going on

When vollying, we have code 1(L&S) and Code 2(non-emergent)

Paid we have hot and cold. anytime we transport all but the least emergent patient we are supposed to go LS to the hospitals. I dont like that policy, so i will go cold to a Hospital if its not warrented. We work nights, so we rarely have traffic issues anyway. We call it Lima Sierra(Lights & Sirens) and Foxtrot Charlie (Flying Cold)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Paid we have hot and cold. anytime we transport all but the least emergent patient we are supposed to go LS to the hospitals. I dont like that policy, so i will go cold to a Hospital if its not warrented. We work nights, so we rarely have traffic issues anyway. We call it Lima Sierra(Lights & Sirens) and Foxtrot Charlie (Flying Cold)

That is a dumb dumb dumb policy. Requiring emergent responses to scenes is dumb enough, requiring emergent returns is about 100 times stupider.

And my military buddies always used Foxtrot Charlie as a somewhat derogatory term for people of a particular hair color (wonder if that's a common thing or just their little niche at the base), XD and I know a Charlie Foxtrot is common usage and is not exactly a positive "code word" either XD XD

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Kudos to you for breaking with that policy in the name of your safety and that of your partner and patient.