Paramedics Plus Physical Requirements

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Hi all,

Paramedics Plus is taking over our current ambulance service, and looking at the requirements, they want you to lift 140 pounds. I think I would be able to get to the 140 lb. mark (I can lift 120 now), but I'm kind of petite, so much more than that may be a challenge, which I'm willing to take on.

My question is, if I qualify for the other physical stuff, how strict are they on the 140 lb. lifting requirements?

Because no one around here really knows what to expect with this new company, I don't know who else to ask.

Thank you!

Last edited:

MkVity

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
That's 9 stone 63kg. Bet you can do that no problem @Amelia do the angry/mean face and you'll be fine :)

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

HA HA HA!!! Maybe that will intimidate them enough to hire me!

JWalters

Forum Crew Member
Hi all,

Paramedics Plus is taking over our current ambulance service, and looking at the requirements, they want you to lift 140 pounds. I think I would be able to get to the 140 lb. mark (I can lift 120 now), but I'm kind of petite, so much more than that may be a challenge, which I'm willing to take on.

My question is, if I qualify for the other physical stuff, how strict are they on the 140 lb. lifting requirements?

Because no one around here really knows what to expect with this new company, I don't know who else to ask.

Thank you!

I have no idea about this company but I just had a lift test yesterday for my new job and they have a 140 pound lift and transfer for the last station. I was told that in order to be employed I had to complete all stations.

That said, I lift normally at about 125 pounds for dead lifting and got through the test just fine. I know that there have been occasions where we have loaded some quite large individuals into our truck and sometimes it is a bit of work but not impossible....that was what the test was like. I think that you will do just fine.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

@JWalters Thank you. That makes me feel a little better. :)

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

From what i learned in class is that the NREMT is 70-120 questions. The quiz stops when it thinks you're competent- so my instructor told us.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

Oh. I dont know about that one. Are you in SF too?

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant
Amelia, you could always join the Push-Up Club at school. Each time we miss an IV stick we have to do 20 push-ups. You'd be pushing around 140 lbs in no time.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

Amelia, you could always join the Push-Up Club at school. Each time we miss an IV stick we have to do 20 push-ups. You'd be pushing around 140 lbs in no time.
I cant do IVs though. :) i was at school yesturday! Im already at 150. Working harder because I love it and when transporting longboard I can tell the pt- "youre going to feel lower on one side because Im short, nut dont worry because Im stronger than these other guys." He he

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

Ill do as mich as I can! Not bad for being petite!!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh thanks... But I'm talking about the 50 question EMT test That P+ Gives
P+ is very stringent about their hiring requirements as they want well trained and professional paramedics. Last time they took over a rural metro contract, many of the medics ended up fired because they either didn't have professionalism or the knowledge to be a medic.