Paramedic student, needing job ideas

samnicholep

Forum Ride Along
Hey everybody! I’m currently a paramedic student about to start my internship. I’m trying to relocate from California and I’m very open to any ideas in Oregon and Colorado. Possibly Washington as well. I’ve heard good things about UC Health, I’d love to know more about that general area too. Anything helps. Thanks :)

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Denver Health I hear is a pretty decent outfit.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
If you do not have a college degree, then Oregon is a no go for you.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
UCHealth is expanding rapidly in northern Colorado. My impression is that they are well run and that the health network is investing quite a bit of money into it. 911 for Fort Collins and much of Larimer County, also some of Weld County. Transfer and CCT operations throughout the front range. Pay is average at best, benefits decent. Denver Health pays better but you will struggle to get on there without 911 experience.

OP
OP
S

samnicholep

Forum Ride Along
UCHealth is expanding rapidly in northern Colorado. My impression is that they are well run and that the health network is investing quite a bit of money into it. 911 for Fort Collins and much of Larimer County, also some of Weld County. Transfer and CCT operations throughout the front range. Pay is average at best, benefits decent. Denver Health pays better but you will struggle to get on there without 911 experience.
Thanks for the info. I do have 5 years of EMT experience.. but I know that’s definitely not the same. Maybe UCHealth as a good starter job...

Red Shirt 6

Forum Probie
3RNET.org It is a job site for medical professionals looking to work in rural areas. I will suggest looking at city, county and state
example State of Colorado employment.