Paramedic Programs in Big Cities

MarilynEagle

Forum Crew Member
Right now, I am starting to think about applying to Paramedic programs that offer an associate degree program. I would prefer a large city that could give me a shot at getting hired straight out of paramedic school. Do you guys know of outstanding paramedic schools out there in big busy cities that would give me a good chance of being hired in that particular city?

Thanks!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I've heard good things about Austin Community College's paramedic program. And there are plenty of great systems in Texas to get hired into once you graduate.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Denver Health is a solid program with a good reputation. Denver Health's Paramedic Division will hire from the program I am told though it's allegedly tough to get into.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Unm school of medicine offers a great program that will bet you a bachelors of science in ems

Bluemtnsky

Forum Probie
Denver Health is a solid program with a good reputation. Denver Health's Paramedic Division will hire from the program I am told though it's allegedly tough to get into.

What Tigger said. Have a friend that just finished that program recently, from all that I've heard that will be where I go if I go the Paramedic route.

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
The Oregon Tech/OHSU joing paramedic program in Portland Or. has a great reputation. It's a two year associates program with an option of getting your BS in EMS management. They are considered to be top in the state and agencies are always looking to hire graduates from the program.