paramedic education beyond associates degree

outd00rjunkie

Forum Ride Along
I'm interested in finding out about further education beyond my associates in paramedicine. I know I can get a bachelors in paramedicine or ems management but where to go and what options are available? I'm considering ultimately getting my PA just weighing my options in the meantime.

DESERTDOC

Forum Lieutenant
Go take a Tropical Medicine course, Surgical Skills for Paramedics Course sponsered by the Royal College of Surgeons, Remote Medicine etc etc......

austinac

Forum Ride Along
There is a bachelor of science program in Emergency Medical Care at Loma Linda University here in SoCal

mikeward

Forum Crew Member
If your goal is PA school, match the program prerequisites with available degrees (biology, life sciences, health science, etc).

Getting into physician assistant school is very competitive.

Good luck

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
If your goal is PA school, match the program prerequisites with available degrees (biology, life sciences, health science, etc).

Getting into physician assistant school is very competitive.

Good luck

That can't be stressed enough!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
http://www.umbc.edu/undergraduate/majors/ehs.html

I have heard really great things about this program. It concentrates more on the management of an EMS system. One of my captains at my old station obtained his EMT-P from this program and was offered EMS management positions prior to his graduation

The only problem is that it's in Maryland and learning Maryland-style EMS is like getting a master's in being 10-20 years behind the rest of the country on many things.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I doubt its 10-20 years behind when they are one of the few institutions that supply that course.

Well, not the program but the state in general.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm interested in finding out about further education beyond my associates in paramedicine. I know I can get a bachelors in paramedicine or ems management but where to go and what options are available? I'm considering ultimately getting my PA just weighing my options in the meantime.

I personally think taking a Tactical Medic Course, ATLS Course are good.

That being said, Get an RN degree learning the other side of things improves your knowledge base dramatically.

terrible one

Always wandering
Thats cool, any chance it is online?

Negative.
The online equivilant is through Pittsburgh? Could be wrong but there is an online degree just can't remember exactly where.

Medic2409

Forum Lieutenant
The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio has a BS of Paramedicine that is completely online.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio has a BS of Paramedicine that is completely online.

Quite a decent program I might add ;) UTHSCSA is where I got my medic; I'm quite familiar with it :D

EM Education

Forum Ride Along
Adelphi University offers a B.S. in Emergency Services Administration developed for first responders who wish to put their previous training to work for them. The Program offers advanced standings for EMT, Paramedic, Firefighter and associated evaluated training programs which will help you get to your degree faster.
The program can be completed totally on line or can be a hybrid type with classes offered at the Garden City Campus.

academics.adelphi.edu/universitycollege/bs-emergency-services-degree.php[/url]

Theo

Forum Crew Member
George Washington University offers a Bachelors Degree in Health Sciences with a concentration in Emergency Health Services.

If you have all of the general education courses completed prior to entering the program, all of the upper level courses can be taken online. I believe they also give advanced standing if you're a paramedic.

http://www.gwumc.edu/healthsci/programs/ems_bs

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Kaplan Online has a Bs in Fire Sciences & EMS Management... which is what i'm planning on doing in the long run.

Carolyn Ross

Forum Probie
There are many universities which offer online education in almost every health care field. Whether it's nursing, paramedics, health informatics or health technician, every course is available online. Many online colleges have become accredited, making the certification universally accepted. I completed online medical lab technician associate degree and got a job. The online course has not affected my job prospects and salary. http://www.medicallaboratorytechnician.net/the-average-salary-for-medical-lab-technicians The case is same with any other online health care degree courses as well. Many people while working on a specific job take the online education and become certified. Online education has only increased the reach of students towards attainment of qualification.