Paramedic charged with 200 counts of child rape

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Paramedic charged with 200 counts of child rape

Paramedic charged with 200 counts of child rape, drugging victim

The Associated Press

SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. — A paramedic has been charged with nearly 200 counts of child rape and molestation.

Edward Raven Odom, 29, appeared in court briefly this week and faces a preliminary hearing up to eight hours next months because of the number of charges, prosecutor Hollyn Hewgley said.

Details on the number of victims haven't been released but an arrest warrant indicates they are boys.

The warrant says Odom injected something believed to be morphine into one boy's arm so he would be helpless to fight off the assault.

Read more here...

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:eek: :angry:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
This is just wrong. I'm not sure what else I can say. It's just disgusting.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
It just to show you, you never really know someone. This is a black eye to our profession. If he is found to be guilty, and the proof displays such, I hope he is proscuted to the fullest extent pf the law. Death penalty, would not be a bad idea...

Be safe,
R/r 911

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
This is just what we need on the image that every decent EMT/PM has worked so hard to achieve in the public eye...

Whatever else happens, this guy should be made to publically apologize to every EMT/PM.

RebelRescue

Forum Probie
If this guy is proven to have really done this he should be taken out and promptly shot.:glare:

Summit

Critical Crazy
If guilty, life in prison GENERAL POPULATION... they don't like child molesters... he will be everyone's :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Summit said:
If guilty, life in prison GENERAL POPULATION... they don't like child molesters... he will be everyone's :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Oh how I wish, even in county jail they keep them separated, I don't think they should :glare:

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh but Jenn, we both know the prisoners have their ways of getting to someone.

And this guy will be got to.

The person I had arrested for the injuries he inflicted on my son, was kept seperate. But, he was got to sometime during his stay. Even before his parents came up with the bail money.

It will happen.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
True... but I'm sorry to hear you had to go through anything like that, it's got to be a heartbreaker.

Medic38572

Forum Crew Member
whats worse is that Ijust checked his license and it is still valid until 10/31/2006. Of course he is mot guilty until found guilty but dang what a sting too the eye.